• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coffee?

justme00

Reaction score
Wow, could the TWW go any slower. 5 days to go. My tummy only feels funky at night and my mood is going up and down. Do you guys think its safe to have coffee when TTC? I've been getting half a shot mochas every other day which is cutting it down alot for me. Any ideas?

Go for it Hun.... I dont change my life habits while in the TWW....Will only do your Head in....

:dust:

I drank like mocha's and like the frappachenos or whatever frozen French vanilla bean while pregnant...
I think the drinking it while TTC will be fine hun..

When you are pregnant they want you to limit your caffeine intake, but you don't need to eliminate it completely. In fact they say a cup of coffee a day is perfectly fine when you are pregnant. I wouldn't eliminate it during the 2WW - during that time it is too early to have an effect.

However, if you are a caffeine addict, I would start cutting back in how much you drink all the time - that way you are prepared when you do get pregnant, plus it will be better for your fertility (excessive amounts of caffeine can effect your fertility).

I use to drink high amount of coffee! Coming down from it (lol) was awful! I still drank it TTC then I cut back & started drinking half-caf ... I now hate anything but half-caf and can only drink 1 coffee in the morning (use to drink at least 10 cups a day).

why don't you try decaf coffees and teas - some are really nice. Actually, Starbucks and Costa Coffee's decaffs taste really similar to their 'normal' ones. Twinings does a really nice decaff Earl Grey. Other options for tea wives out there is Roebus (red bush) tea (detoxifying ingredients as well as decaff) - its a bit like normal tea but smokier.

You don't have to give up caffeine until you become pregnant, but some medical advice argues that it can reduce fertility (if you drink too much of it) and when you are pregnant it is not advisable to drink a lot of caffeine.

Good luck getting BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"