cold and cough

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
charlie has just got a cold and cough i hate seeing him ill :( anyone know what i can do to help him ? xxx

yeh i would def say calpol like toria said, or if he is really blocked up may put him in the bathroom and run hot shower so its steamy?? im sure ive heard tht one before must say ive never tried it. hope he feels better soon !!!

yeh i would def say calpol like toria said, or if he is really blocked up may put him in the bathroom and run hot shower so its steamy?? im sure ive heard tht one before must say ive never tried it. hope he feels better soon !!!

yh he is a bit blocked up i only have a bath not a shower but maybe a bath would help him xxx

Even with the bath, maybe if you try turning on just the hot water it might get steamy in the bathroom. Dont put him in the bath, just sit in the bathroom with him that way the steam will clear him up a bit. I might just watch how hot it gets in there; dont want him getting overheated.

Also, if he gets really stuffy, try giving him two drips of nonmedicated saline drops in each nostril, wait about a minute, and then suck out his nose. You should do this before each bottle. Otherwise he might start sucking down too much air-which will give him a belly ache.

These are just a few tricks my pediatrician recommended. Colton got sick a few times when we lived with OH's mom because she smoked around him.. we moved out about two months ago and he hasn't been sick since :D

saline drops should loosen any secretions that maybe are making him cough and maybe use a nasal aspirator too.

Tilting the mattress of the crib should help too. I also agree about a steamy room, the littlest room you have with a kettle on continuous boil is very good then just sit in the room and let the little man breathe in the steam. Calpol is only recommended I think from 3 months old except where immunisations are given. But it would also do no harm to let your dr check him over either.

hope he is better soon...xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"