Cold feet much?

AuntieKate

Reaction score
Am I the only one who does this?

My husband and I are supposed to start trying my next cycle (this Friday). Probably sounds silly but we were hoping for a Dec or Jan baby - we live in a remote community so we can't deliver a baby here. I have to fly out at 35 weeks. So we were hoping to go home for Christmas, be with the family and hopefully my OH (who's a teacher) could swing a little extra time with the LO. We thought it would be really special.

Now, my mind is racing with thoughts. Who would plan to have a baby in December? Doesn't that suck for the LO future birthdays? Will it be too much being at home during Christmas with a LO? I'm even going as far as to look at the calender, seeing when my morning sickness would kick in and what my work schedule looks like then. A little obsessive maybe? haha, my god!! Our last pregnancy was a 'wonderful whoops' that ended in m/c. So for some reason I think we'll have an easy time conceiving again. Even though I'm normally more logical ;) Seems these baby dreams get into my head and mess everything up! Feel free to slap some sense into me!

Hehe, perfectly normal. :hugs:

I'm sorry about your MC back in May, that had to be rough even for a "wonder whoops". ):

Honestly I would never try for a December/January baby because of the holidays and every person I've ever known that was born around that time absolutely hated their birthday, but if it works for you then go for it. I really love having a fall baby, but I don't want any more fall babies because DF and I also have fall birthdays (we have 3 birthdays in a row, DS's, mine, and then DF's). I don't want to cram all of our celebrations into one season. We're hoping for a spring or summer baby next time around. :D

Haha youre not alone! I've also given it some thought, I dont want as December baby as its too close to Christmas for us plus I dont want to be heavily pregnant over summer (too hot and uncomfortable) which leaves us trying for a spring or autumn baby.

I'm a december baby (born the 3rd but was due about the 18th). And I never found it a big issue. Though I wasn't planned, my mum never found out till she was 20weeks (the joy of menopause surprise children).

It's probably normal to get cold feet, especially after a mc. And it could take one cycle or 10 to fall pregnant again; so a december baby might not work either way. But it doesn't hurt starting to try if it's what you both want xx

I have two friends who's birthday is in January and they're happy with it, as January as generally a dark and cold month, and the warmth and happiness of the holidays is over, so it's nice to have a birthday to look forward to.
I assume a December birthday might be somewhat less fun, especially when you're very close to the holidays, but I wouldn't put off TTC for that reason.

We are going to start ttc this March because we actually want a December baby. I personally love the Christmas season. I don't know why most people dread such thing, some will even skip March/April just to avoid having a Christmas baby!
imho, I think that December is the month for families. I feel like that's the month family gets closest and meet frequently so when I get older it's more probable that I would get to celebrate their birthday with them rather than them going out with friends :)

I tried for a December baby and got one! She was 2 weeks late so turned up even closer to Christmas than I imagined she would (due on the 3rd but born 17th December) but it has made the holidays even more magical for me (if that is even possible!!)

I found it a great time to have a baby as you are giving birth in winter, not summer (when it's super hot). You have second trimester over the summer so you're at the peak of your energy levels too and less likely to have morning sickness. If it's right for your family, go for it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->