cold feet ttc #2?!

geckorachel

Reaction score
Hi all

So as the title says... Anyone else encountered a bit of a freak out when ttc second child? I was all up for it this month (kind of thinking I'd probably not ovulate 1st cycle off the pill). Dtd last 9 nights in a row (now cd18) and been hit with blazingly strong opk lines... And now I'm having a freak out....

Please say I'm not the only one? I've been so broody since our daughter was a few months old (now 2 and a month) and now I'm having a freak out. Fear of twins, fear of getting pregnant, fear of not being able t. Get pregnant, fear of miscarriage etc etc etc ahhhhh! Think I was blissfully unaware and naive with my daughter...

baby dust to you all x

Haven´t freaked out... yet ;)

We just started trying again yesterday though.
I´ve been badgering DH for 10 months now to start trying for #2.
He came out of the blue yesterday, when he asked me if I would like to start trying right away.
I agreed, as I´m the one that´s been pushing, but I´m also a little nervous right now.
Excitement is winning out atm, but I´m also wondering about everything else. The pregnancy, will I be queasy, will the birth be hard again? You catch my drift. I´m worried that things won´t go perfectly, but I´m also excited about having another LO.

I think it´s completely normal to freak out a little, since you know so much about this from last time, but that´s also an asset :) knowing what´s about to happen, enables you to plan ahead, and try to make things go that much easier :hugs:

Thanks for replying. I've been pestering for ages as well! I think we are going to call it quits this month and if it's happened then it's done. We planned to try next month but then uncharacteristically had four whoopsies in a row so I convinced him we may as well just keep at it anyway as I didn't think I'd ovulate (no logic there I know)...

I was quite sick all the way through last time and I guess thats also a concern, how will I look after her and throw up all day. Also just started a job a few wweeks back so feel guilty there too. Urgh :( but I really want a 3 year max age gap between them. I know we ought to just go for it for the long term but it is scary thinking about all the what ifs.

I'm not so bothered about Labour, I feel more empowered having already done it with no pain relief so I know I can do it. I think the fear won't be there quite as much but think I will worry for baby more. I am really excited but suddenly bogged down with all these worries! Good luck to you! X

Thanks, and you too :)

All those worried will melt away as soon as you hear that heartbeat for the first time :hugs:

I´m also worried about lots of stuff, my knees are in bad shape, will my belly tear even more, I had horrific labor last time, so I´m hoping it will go better this time... even so, I´m willing to go through anything, so my baby boy won´t have to grow up without siblings.
I´m an only child myself, and do not recommend it. (I had foster siblings from 0-10 years, so I know the pro´s and con´s of that as well).

Work wise, it would be better to wait, but how long? 1 year? 5?.
I´m just going to dive in and hope for the best.

Best of luck to you :winkwink:

Thanks! It's just a relief job I do when husband can have our daughter so not sure how many shifts I'll actually get anyhow :) good luck!x

Yup right there with you! I have 2 kids, decided back in march to try for num3... ended up cancelling coil removal twice as I got cold feet! finally had coil removed tuesday and I'm SO nervous! I guess the passage of time has meant I'm really obsessing over details of pregnancy/birth I didn't with the first 2.

Aww thanks for replying! Hopefully it will all be ok once we are pregnant, sort of a point of no return! My opk was negative this morning. We didn't dtd last night but did the night before when it went positive. So maybe it will happen this month or maybe it won't! Guess I'll know in a week or so... Eek! X

Yes I go from 110% broody to totally freaking out and thinking we shouldn't try. It passes really quickly though and i'm back to being broody and wanting to complete our family.
I think it's natural to worry about having another one, well, I hope it is :haha:.

Ha yeah me too, one min I'm freaked out... The next I'm really hoping I'm pregnant... Madness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->