Cold meds and bf?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
So I woke up with a nasty cold. I typically do saline rinses and NyQuil/DayQuil. But from reading it doesn't look recommended.

Any med ideas besides the saline rinses? I have been bf for 3months but my LO has lip/tongue ties (which we are getting looked at today) and my supply seems to go up and down a lot so I do want to avoid sudafed to ensure my supply doesn't change too much.

I'd love your ideas. I know the clinic will say sudafed is fine so I don't want to ask them.

Thanks!

I'm really sorry! I never take anything, just to be safe. I know there are essential oils that people swear by, but i usually go to the store and buy a huge jug of OJ and start drinking that stuff like crazy.

Same as above I'm afraid. I try to avoid anything like lemsip just incase. Lots of juice is good. I have a juicer and I juice up orange, carrot and a chunk of ginger and it's yummy! Also you could try Manuka honey.

Paracetamol and steam inhalation is about it. Hot lemon and honey drinks can sooth a sore throat, as can ice pops.

Like the others, I just take paracetamol and otherwise stick to soothing drinks.

You can take Tylenol and Advil. I have mastitis and have to take both. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->