Cold & Sinus Remedies

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Any suggestions to help with a cold and sinus pressure? I feel so miserable. I went to see an ENT the other day hoping I could be given something but they said all I could take was paracetamol!

Has anything helped you ladies’ cold & sinus trouble?

I’ve come down with a horrendous cold too! Hot Honey and lemon drinks will soothe your throat I hate this lol. Using a nasal stick and yes plenty of paracetamol and rest! So annoying I’d reach for the beachams all in one right now .. can we have it ?

I’ve just read you can take sudafed ? I thought that was a no no so not sure about that one have to check up on it .

I used vicks on my forehead back of neck and temples. Or that forehead stick and drank lots of oj and made honey lemon hot water. Worked for me..

I had a cold that developed into a full on sinus infection around 18-20 weeks. The only relief I could find was from a neti pot.

I had tooth aches, eardrum pain, colorful snot, everything! After going through benadryl, sudafed, and nyquil ... I was desperate. The neti pot felt amazing and after using it three times a day (along with warm steamy showers before bed) for a few days - I was clear and could finally sleep through the night.

I had a cold in the first trimester and used a sinus rinse kit. First time ever doing that and while it felt a little weird and all the snot coming out was gross I was able to get better faster than family members in my household that used regular cold medicines. It was awesome :)

Thank you, everyone! I'd be willing to try a sinus rinse kit or neti pot... I always imagined they'd be a bit painful but honestly what could be worse than the current state of things?

It does feel really weird at first, but not at all painful. Almost like getting water up my nose in the ocean, but you are breathing through your mouth, so it doesn't hurt and isn't scary. After the first time, I was addicted and looked forward to my next hit! It's so soothing.

I boiled the water, mixed with the little packets that came with the neti pot, and let it come to body temperature. You don't want it too hot (ouch) or too cold (not soothing).

Good luck!

Honey melted in boiled water helped me a lot. It was very soothing.
I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Neti pot.

Use distilled water, I microwave one minute in a mug then pour into neti pot and stir in the salt per directions. Your microwave may vary — you obviously don’t want it too hot to burn yourself, too cold is also unpleasant. Do each nostril with your head tilted to the opposite side. You will def feel like blowing your nose after! Might like to do this in the shower. It’s kind of weird at first, but it really helps.

If you are very stuffed up, you may have trouble getting through the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->