Cold sore ouch !!!

danielle19

Reaction score
So last night i had a tiny cold sore and when i woke up today my mouth was tingling like mad :cry:
I got up and looked in the mirror and OMG !
My lip is swollen and looks like i've had a round with Mike Tyson :rofl:
Does anyone else suffer badly with cold sores and if so what do they do?
Thanks Danielle xxx

Horrible things aren't they. I always have some Zovirax in the cupboard. As soon as the tingling starts i put some on. Someone said a used teabag soothes it ???????

Yeah they are horrible !
I've got some cream but it's more the swelling I am trying to get to go down coz it looks really bad
Thanks coccy for replying xxxxxxx

Yep I get them too, around my nose and mouth when I've been sick or when I'm stressed out about something. I always use the topical creams on mine, keeps them from spreading and takes some of the pain away (can't remember the brand I've been using lately and not at home so can't check).

Yeah I get them very bad, seems if I even so much as knock the area around my lips I feel the tingling. Had them a lot as well since I got pregnant, must be because of the lowered immune system! I also one time managed to transfer one to my ear...which was disgusting and sore! (I learned to always wash my hands after touching them). I find creams dont really do much, but always keep zovirax anyway, sometimes though I wonder if it irritates it more than helps :(

put an ice cube to it and keep one there for as much as poss, itll help with the swelling. If you use an ice cube when you feel the tingle in future it should help it from going bas aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->