Cold when bfing

Pinkcasi

Reaction score
Hey everyone can you tell me is it normal to be super cold when Breastfeeding?

Stella is 6 days old and I'm trying to breastfeed I know it's normal to be thirsty and hungry I'm drinking soooo much water but is it normal to be cold? I'm freezing all the time and I can't turn the heating up as I don't want Stella to overheat. I just can't seem to retain and body heat at all.

I think it's normal, I have always worn button up sweaters or cardigans while feeding to keep warm. Oh and a blanket over the legs under the baby.

Im not entirely sure as we had a cold house when lo was that age so i always wore my dressing gown anyway. If you are getting hot and cold flushes then you could have mastitis but just being cold im not 100%

Yeah I am having flushes I didn't really notice the hot flushes they seem to come overnight I wake up dripping in sweat, I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow so I might mention it.

For the first few weeks, I would literally shake after breastfeeding..so bad where I thought I was super sick and had to have a fever (although I didn't)..I asked my doctor and she said that it was a reaction to all the hormones going through my body. .a few weeks later and I was fine..definitely freaked me out! You are not alone though and from what I can tell, it is normal :) good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->