colds during pregnancy

miss maternal

Reaction score
:cry:I am feeling so ill with a cold and Ken Dodd down my throat with his tickling stick. My throat is so sore and I feel congested and like my nostrils are on fire. Is there anything I can take and would you advise to go to the doctors? My glands are up too but I have 3 days off work now and go on maternity leave this saturday.:happydance:

I'd just go to chemist hun and see what they suggest
I know Lemsips and the like are a no no
so maybe just paracetamol and hot lemon drink

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Yep just paracetamol you can take im afraid! its awful being ill when your pregnant, hope you feel better soon x

I always drink orange juice, I find that really helps along with Panadol and rest.

Hope your feeling better soon

thanks for your natural remedies girls. I think it is clearing up now after a week. I think i would rather have morning sickness again than a cold as I hate not being able to breath. Have to go as I have the health visitor coming soon. x

ive had this lately i just slept it off as sleep has to be the safest thing and im sure we just cant get enough of it a nice bath a hot ribena and early night

I had hot lemon with honey mixed in. It was a bit grim, but it seemed to work better than all the lemsips!

uahhh, I had the flu as well and I was in bed for 5 days!

just tried to sleep and drunk loads of tea and hot water with honey :baby:

waaah i have a cold now too! Got some sore throat sweets from boots which are ok to take during pregnancy! they are blackcurrent glycerin pastilles and rather yummy! im having to remember not to eat them like sweets !!
Also drinking hot water with a slice of lemon (tricking my brain and telling it its lemsip!!lmao!)

Honey, Lemon and Tea with plenty rest! But on the good side, it's great to get a cold when you are pregnant to a degree because you pass on those germs to your lil one and it makes their lil system stronger!

Honey, Lemon and Tea with plenty rest! But on the good side, it's great to get a cold when you are pregnant to a degree because you pass on those germs to your lil one and it makes their lil system stronger!

oh, really?

for everybody who has flu or will get the flu be well soon :hi:

Thanks for your replies. im feeling a lot better now thanks but it lasted for 2 weeks. Interesting about lil ones system getting stronger.

:cry:I am feeling so ill with a cold and Ken Dodd down my throat with his tickling stick. My throat is so sore and I feel congested and like my nostrils are on fire. Is there anything I can take and would you advise to go to the doctors? My glands are up too but I have 3 days off work now and go on maternity leave this saturday.:happydance:

well congrats on ur maternity leave ---it'll help u get over that cold faster hopefullly ---sorry u feel so bad at the moment --- when i had a cold i had just gotten out of my first tri so i was lucky ---cause i could take meds and not worry about baby development--- and as u r in ur last tri -- meds are safe but there are only certain ones they recommend and ur doc sshould have a list of them----dont take anything without asking about it first--- just to be on the safe side-- mine handed me a list of meds i could take--- which i lost---sorry about that otherwise i'd post it here but i do remember that tylenol was on the list

oh really ---i thought i read somewhere that it wouldnt affect the lil one no matter how miserable we were--- as long as its only a cold and nothing that does pass to the baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->