Colds during pregnancy

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Having a 2yr old who is a walking petri dish and being pregnant isnt rhe greatest.

I have horrible head pressure and ear pressure. Mucus is green and nose is stuffy.

I've been using my flonase but not really helping. I've read mix things about sudafed and I am not really one to take meds and didn't at all with DD.

Any suggestions for relief from this cold?

I have had a bad cold already with this pregnancy and limited to what you can take for it. I found using vicks really helped and it’s safe to take that during pregnancy. Hope your feeling better soon x

If you have a Thai delivery place nearby, try ordering some Tom Yum soup. It's spicy and limey and will open your sinuses right up!

I find honey lemon juice bit of sugar and hot water is good and lots of fresh oj

Paracetamol and drinking plenty.. steam with a towel over your head with vicks..
Get well soon

I have had the same going on. I went to the doctor and she said it was a bacterial sinus infection, she could see the pressure in my ear. She prescribed me an antibiotic. It helped a lot!

I have had the same going on. I went to the doctor and she said it was a bacterial sinus infection, she could see the pressure in my ear. She prescribed me an antibiotic. It helped a lot!

I ended up taking Sudafed today. The pain was so bad all I could do is cry. I can tell it dried up some fluid but still feel pressure. Now my eyes are closed shut in the morning with guck too. I scheduled an appt with my PCP for tomorrow. Hoping and praying for relief

I've just recovered from a cold. I upped my vitamin c by eating lots and lots of fruit. Cut out refined sugar. Used magnesium oil and vitamin d. Drank a lot of filtered water and rested.
I won't take medication. My brother bought round some cold capsules. They contains sucrose and aspartame. No thanks!
I hope you feel better soon xx

Well verdict in, I have an ear infection! Never had one as an adult but I dont wish this on anyone! Cried all evening yesterday the pain was so bad.

I am not one to take meds and dont want to now but hopefully within a week this is gone after the medication.

Make sure you take probiotics love. Raw garlic is good for infections. Also increase your vitamin c. Feel better soon ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->