Colic/constipation/reflux whatever next?

DextersMummy

Reaction score
The title says it all really :( any tips for colic? my LO is 11 weeks though still suffers from colic :( I have cut out dairy and I am trying not to eat anything that could set it off, I hate to see him in pain, and now typically he is on Gaviscon and his poop is coming out quite thick and he is finding it hard to go, im giving water and lactulose and yet still it wont come out :( any tips for constipation too? thank you xx (he is only on 3 gaviscon a day 1 x 3 sachets, was 4 had to spread them).

:hugs: If your LO has been diagnosed with reflux then it's likely to be what's bothering him, rather than colic. Colic is usually diagnosed if there seems to be no reason for the crying/fussing. Gaviscon is known to be constipating, do you think it's helping with your LOs reflux? How much lactulose are you giving - Holly was prescribed 2.5ml twice a day. Perhaps ask your doctor if the dose can be increased? Also, if LO seems in pain with his reflux, see your doctor about the possibility of a reflux med like ranitidine. This inhibits the acid so it's not as painful. Hope you find something that works soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->