Colic / Trapped wind

bev309

Reaction score
Was speaking to my HV yesterday as DS had been a bit unsettled crying a lot bringing his legs up to his chest. It wasn't constant until the early hours, so thought it was just trapped wind. So we bought some dentinox drops to see if they would help him. HV then tells me that colic has nothing to do with trapped wind, so all the winding & drops in the world won't help, & that it is to do with newborns nervous system being immature & getting used to the outside world. The pains they have are like period cramps & that the only way to really soothe them is to swaddle in a blanket so they feel like they did in the womb, put 'white noise' on such as a hoover, hairdryer etc again so they feel like they are in the womb, or with skin to skin contact cuddles so baby can hear your heartbeat etc.
So I stopped giving the drops & endless winding sessions & when he did cry wrapped him in a blanket 7 cuddled him close & it really does work! Don't know if anyone else has been told similar but thought may help someone out there!

A friend of mine's LO used to have really bad colic. They used to wrap him up, put the stereo on AM (where it just makes fuzzy noises), and put him in complete darkness. Its the only way he would settle.

Colic syrup + a little teddy bear you warm up in the microwave (on his belly) + his vibrating mattress + some heartbeat noise. Works like a charm!!!

Adam had terrible colic, i was told the same, its not trapped wind.

I was given colief from the doctor, it seemed to work for a week but then the colic came back, the only thing i found helped was changing him on to cow and gate comfort for digestive problems

he grew out of it at 12 weeks so then went back on to the normal cow and gate milk

x

Riley had it the hv told me 2 use dentinox cause i had to stop giving him infacol cause it made him constipated but dentinox was just as bas so i use gripe water and hold him on my chest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->