Colic

Kracker

Reaction score
My baby has colic. We have tried infacol, dentanox, gripe water and now some drops from the doctor all to no avail. Winding him can take up to 2 hours. If you put him down too early he goes purple, screams with his fists balled and his knees up then he vomits loads. He is 7 weeks old now and the sleep depravation is taking its toll. I have spoken to the hv,mw an dr without much help. I was wondering about peoples winding tecniques and tips. If you have any please post them, I will try anything. Thanks xx

What time around does the colic kick in?

Kyle had 'supper-time colic' so between 4-7..during thi period I would wrap himup and put him outside in his travel system (that way he wasnt lying back flat) and the fresh air would knock him out, he would sleep mostly through the colicy period x

his is after every feed, but the worse bout is between 7 and 9. He is in bed then bless him. xx We have been advised to raise his moses basket at one end, which we have done.

The only stuff that helped my little one was Bennetts Colic Mixture. Not sure if you can get it over there, but its amazing stuff. We also tried gripe water, drops etc and none of those worked.

We also had problems burping him. What works best is if we make him sit and then lean slightly forward. Sometimes in that position he burps without us even stroking his back.

Good luck, I hope you come right. Just remember Colic is normally only for the first 3-4 months so you are almost half way there.

I havn't tried them myself as Infacol appears to be working for me but a friend of mine swears by something called Colief (sp). If you havn't tried it already perhaps give that a go.

Good luck. :hugs:

He is on colief. The bottles i use are the tomee tipee CTN. I am just going to nip into town and buy the DR Brown ones which I have been reading reviews about. I hope they work as we are both currently covered in sick, bless him.

let me know how it goes Kracker with the new bottles!!

I have the tommee tippee ones too... and courtney has bad colic!!

Fingers crossed, they seem to be working. He doesn't have as much wind and he seems to move it quicker. We went all night last night without him being sick (a first), so I am hopeful at the moment. I will post again tomorrow morning about tonight.xx

I don't know if the bottles have anything to do with it or not but my lo was fed at 6 last night, put to bed at 8 and woke up at 3.45 this morning. He then slept until 8.45. Feeding and winding took an hour, which can usually take up to 2 or even 2 1/2 hours. I am buzzing this morning!!! He seems so much more relaxed!

dr brown bottles are great. my ali's wind has improved but i am still using infacol too.

Christine
X

i saw doc today and mentioned bottles she didnt think the bottles etc make a huge difference!! I got some baby gaviscon to mix with courtneys feeds!!

If it doesnt get any better girls get yourself down to your docs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->