Colic?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Do babies become colic or are they born colic? I'm having such an issue with Renah the last 3-4 days. She just screams and screams for no reason. We feed her, she's not constipated or anything, she's not too cold or hot, she's probably the best taken care of child around...yet she just screams blue murder for no reason for hours, usually from 11pm-3am. I'm going on 3 hours now without much of a break, I just handed her over to my mom to let her have a try.

Anyone else have a colicky baby and how the heck do you deal with it? :shock:

:( Sounds like it...Sorry I don't have any advice, but apparently my OH was like that every night when he was a baby. He was like that from birth. Apparently he screamed from midnight till 4 am every singly night. My sister had colic and it started at 2 weeks old. She was switched to soy formula.

I had colic as a baby, but i wasn't born with it. I got it, and it lasted about 3 months (is what my mom said).
She'd try everything, driving me around in the car, feeding me, bathing me, holding me, putting me in a swing.
I dont know

EDIT:
It would start for me in the late afternoon and go all night
and one day it just randomly stopped

From what I know, it usually starts around 2-3 weeks. That's what happened with us, too. Getting a little better now at 3 months...

Charlie got it around 3 weeks but i guess they could have it before . It is so hard but keep thinking it will get better, charlies only went at 6 months he had it really bad. I used infacol but tbh it didnt do much, gripe water was good but i sure they have to be at least 4 weeks to have it, using a bouncer helps, winding in different positions - put your baby on her front over your legs and pat or rub back and sit her on your lap and move her round it slight circular motion and also pushing legs in towards belly sometimes gets it out and helps with pain. Baby massage is supposed to be brill too xx

Tegan got a bit colicky at about 10 weeks, we swapped her bottles to Dr Browns anti-colic ones and it stopped :) I am sure her colic was caused by trapped wind, but no amount of winding made a difference - Sometimes once the air gets in, the only way for it to come out is to be farted out! Lol

Hope you find a way to stop the colic soon hun, I bet its really hard to cope with every night xx

Faith had Colic as a baby, it started at around 2 weeks and ended around 12 weeks. We found she was most comfortable on her front lying across our laps with her back being rubbed. It's horrible when they seem in pain and constantly cry so I feel for you hun. So far Ollie hasn't suffered but I'm touching wood as I type this! lol! xxx

They get colicky some time as newborns.

But don't chalk it up to that,she could be just having a growth spurt.I thought Lola is also colicky at 2 weeks,same situation as Renah's.
But it turned out just being windy.Does she clentch her fists or pull her legs towards her tummy?

Hugs to you. Glad your mum is there to help out. Marlie wasn't a colicky baby, but I read that it starts usually around 3-4 weeks. If it lasts 3 hours it usually means colic.
I also read that vibrating chairs help them out, as well as holding her in your arms as you bounce on a big birthing ball. I used to do that with M when she was a little one when she was upset at all and it helped big time. When I ask other mums they've all said they used that trick too! And some of their babies were colicky. Good luck hun.

Yep... usually starts around 2 weeks.

I though Jasmine was getting colicky but it turned out to be just the formula she was on. She started vomitng and gagging though, and having liquid green poops... watch for that stuff as its signs of allergy.

Bottles etc dont matter alot because bf babies get colic too... although it may help a bit... I use the playtex dropins, and save the gripe water for evenings as she does get a tad fussy sometimes, but its not that bad for us.

Max was colicky from the start , I tried different formulas nothing ! even my breastmilk would do it ..but eventually with some gripe water and colic positions it helped allot and he got over it pretty quick ..i found the colic position the best and burping every oz .

They get colicky some time as newborns.

But don't chalk it up to that,she could be just having a growth spurt.I thought Lola is also colicky at 2 weeks,same situation as Renah's.
But it turned out just being windy.Does she clentch her fists or pull her legs towards her tummy?

Yeah she does, she tries to curl herself up into a little ball

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->