Colicky baby.

campn

Reaction score
I'm starting to think my almost 3 weeks old has colic, she will cry for 3-4 hours for no reason!

Any tips on how to calm her down? Often she'll get this fussy after midnight so between 12 am to 4 am of non stop. I've no idea what to do! I'm deserpate. :(

I've had the same with my Ava, she's around the same age too (just over 3 weeks now). I know every baby is different but she seems calmer on my shoulder being patted or rubbed on her back. I've also had to start using infacol & Mam bottles which do seem to help. I hope you can find a solution soon, I know it's horrible to see our babies suffer 😔

My DD is 3 weeks tomorrow and she will cry from 6pm-10pm unless she has boob in her mouth. I feel for you with your baby doing it in the middle of the night - that must be extra tough. Not sure of any solutions I'm afraid - I keep DD attached most of the evening just to keep her settled but it's not ideal. Fingers crossed for us all that it doesn't last until 3 months like they say!!

Thank you ladies, it's good to know we aren't all alone in this cause sometimes that's all I feel. She's also only content with a boob in her mouth and that's exhausting after so many hours.

Hopefully it doesn't last three months like you said xxxLeo!!

I hate to say it but I think it's pretty normal, it's just that your LO has chosen a dreadful time of day to be fussy. Emma is still on the boob almost every evening, and it lasts for hours. She also he's overtired and miserable that time of day so easily.

Feed and cuddle and co-sleep if you can. During the day, I found a wrap was amazing and when it doubt, go outside, even if it's cold. The fresh air does wonders for them. My daughter was a February baby, so it was really cold, but we spent a lot of time dancing around the garden with her in the wrap.

I started colic drops at 5 weeks. Amazing! Stopped all tne evening crying

Guess I'm not alone in this. My little girl (also 3 weeks old, ha!) is doing the same thing. Usually starts in the evening and isn't happy unless I am nursing her-although that can put her off too. Their digestion is really immature at this age so it might be a reason for fussiness. She has also been waking every hour after 3am very unhappy and grunting like she is trying to pass something. Oh being a newborn is tough!

Have you tried some white noise when she is upset? Sounds ridiculous but we used a hair dryer with our colicky ds and it worked wonders!

The happiest baby on the block by Harvey Karp and the 5Ss worked for us!

That sounds like the witching hour to me.
Very very normal!

We used biogaia probiotic drops and they helped wonders. Also the sound of the bath running. To can YouTube it to save water ;)

You got this mama ❤ it will pass

Same here but Ds2 is only 2 weeks old! During the night too and also he is still a bit nocturnal! Have changed bottles to Dr Brown's but I feel the teat is so small he still seems to suck air in! Going to get some .colic drops tomorrow. Can anyone recommend any? I was going to go for colif drops. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->