Colin vs Collin

GeralynB

Reaction score
DH and I like the name Colin/Collin for our little boy. We already have middle names picked out…David Phillip. So which do you like better?
Colin David Phillip
or
Collin David Phillip

I've never seen it spelt with 2 Ls unless "Collins" the surname so I would keep it simple with Colin but may be different your neck of the woods.

Yea I think in the US it's becoming more popular to use 2 Ls

Us here! Id def go with collin per when i see colin i actually say it in my head with an accent i dont have which makes it colon to me. :p being in the us ive never seen it with one l prob due to how "our accents" sound.

I'd use Collin as it's less likely to get "colon" like PP said. I am from US also.

Colin, never seen it any other way and they'll spend their life saying "Colin with 2 L's"

I like it better with two "L"s - To me Collin looks more like a name & Colin sounds more like an internal organ. Also in the US.

Haha, Geralyn, talk about a cultural difference!

Kansas-raised, and as others I think Collin. My last name is Loyd and in the US I am constantly having to say "only one L..." I could imagine the same scenario for your little guy as a Colin!

My BFF named her son Colin- one L. So that's the version I am used to. We are from Wisconsin. Though I don't think two L's is unusual here either.

My grandfather is Colin with one l and my uncle is Phillip with two l's :) I prefer those spellings but that's probably just what I'm used to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->