• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colombian Stewed Beef / Carne Guisada

suzan

Reaction score
Colombian Stewed Beef / Carne Guisada

This is a delicious recipe we do that we learned while we lived in Colombia. It's delicious.

Ingredients

500gr of meat file cut in squares
1 onion
6 carrots
3 tomatoes
1 green pepper
around 4/5 potatoes
1 bouquet of coriander
around 4 gloves of garlic
Tomato paste

Bring on a pressure cooker and place in it the meat cut in cubes. Chop the onion, pepper, and place them on the meat. Peel the tomatoes and chop them as well + place them on the meat as well. Cut the carrots in slices and place them on top of everything as well.

Squash/crush the garlic with salt, and chop on the other side the coriander. Put half of each on top of everything in the pressure cook. Add pepper and salt as you like. Cover everything with water, a little above the line the ingredients are shown at.

Heat the pressure cook and cook for 25min. When it's ready, open it carefully and put on it tomato paste (as you desire). Peel and cut in squares the potatoes, wash, and place them in the pressure cooker with everything cooked. Keep it boiling until the potato is ready. Taste to see if anything is missing.

After the potato is ready, turn off the heat, and place the remaining coriander + garlic. Mix it a little and close up the pot.

IT'S DELICIOUS,. I made it today for lunch with white rice on its side.
Here is a pic I took:

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/susanayass/DSC04920.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back