Colostrum (sorry if TMI!!)

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Well for the last week or so I have been noticing yellow staining on the inside of my bra...and when I had a shower I noticed that there is like yellow stuff coming from my nipples. Thought to start with maybe it was just soapscum type stuff...but then realised it was every day. Spoke to my consultant on Monday and he says its colostrum! I asked if its normal to get it already at like 14 weeks and he said it was perfectly normal! So for any ladies who are worrying like I was that its abnormal....don't worry!

Jeez oh! I didnt realise you could start leaking so early!! Good to know though!! Thanks for sharing!! :D

i've been getting them the last couple of weeks as well esp at night.

You know sometimes I have sworn i felt slight dampness on my nipples, but when i look its never there. perhaps, it was!

yeh i noticed thus y'day and thought wots going on..but mine aint yellow its clear. Is it still the same thing ?

I ma not getting this yet.. probably lucky really.. or am I Abnormal? :shrug:

I was in the bath the other day and noticed it (at 14 weeks) it was clear though.

x

Yup...I was taking a bath last night and got my first few drips. Mine was clear as well (not totally clear like water, but just a bit cloudy), and I'm a bit further along (almost 21 weeks) so...

My first pregnancy I started pretty early too. 15 weeks or so. The first day it happened at work, thankfully one of the other girls had a box of pantiliners that she let me have 2 of to put in my bra! It felt uncomfortable, but not quite as uncomfortable as walking around with 2 huge wet spots on my uniform!! I just got some really thin breast pads and used them.

hi i know im not in 2nd tri but this happened to me from 12 weeks+ and i found cotton wool cosemtic pads (you know the ones ment for wiping off eye make up, just circles of cotton wool) were good for damp/leaky nipples and they were only about £1 for 50 so cheaper than breast pads :)

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"