Colostrum (TMI)

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
I noticed that my nipples were leaking the other day with colostrum. This is my 1st pregnancy and most other women would be annoyed by the leakage but I am pretty excited to know that my breasts still work after a surgical reduction in 2011.

With that I've noticed my breasts have become tender again and my nipples more sensitive--almost as bad as first tri! Also it seems like they have gotten even bigger even though I just bought new bras in my new size...

When did your colostrum start coming in, did it make your breasts sore/bigger too?

Yes mine started leaking as well, only a very small amount. My nipples were so sore and sensitive. I mean my whole boob you couldn't touch, but anything came near my nips, and it killed!

My colostrum came in at about 18/19 weeks with DD. This one was earlier as I could still get some out even before I was pregnant just from breastfeeding DD for so long. My breasts do feel a lot fuller this time around.

I only leaked once with my 2nd pregnancy at 20 weeks out of one boob lol

I never noticed with my first pregnancy, but with this one my colostrum came in at about 18 weeks. My nipples aren't sore but my boobs are full, huge, and very sore sometimes. I have to exchange some bras I bought last week for a bigger size.

I'm still breastfeeding my 23 my hold and still have milk but it can change into colostrum at don't time. I don't think I noticed it until over 30 weeks with my first.

I got it really early with my first (12 weeks or so), got it before my BFP with my 2nd and I breastfed her for 13 months but haven't BFed in 5 months and if I squeeze my nipples right now, milk shoots out. I think its not colostrum because its really white and more than just a few drops comes out. But weird that it's still here with 5 months of not breastfeeding.

That's a good sign you'll be able to give breastfeeding a go! I never produced enough milk my 1st pregnancy. This pregnancy I have yet to have any size change or leakage so I feel that I'll have the same result. Being that you had a breast reduction and you want to BF, its looking promising for you.

That's a good sign you'll be able to give breastfeeding a go! I never produced enough milk my 1st pregnancy. This pregnancy I have yet to have any size change or leakage so I feel that I'll have the same result. Being that you had a breast reduction and you want to BF, its looking promising for you.

Thank you! Feeling very relieved, one of the many things I've been obsessing about since my BFP.

Have found that I am able to express colostrum manually when I'm not too tender, so I'm not just leaking at random times. Maybe that will give my supply a little boost

Should I be worried nothing is coming out? Ftm here and the boobs are huge.

Should I be worried nothing is coming out? Ftm here and the boobs are huge.

Well I think that colostrum production can happen any time between BFP and a few days after birth. I'm sure you will be producing soon!

My boobs were huge even before I started.... Really didn't think they could get any bigger but I guess I was wrong :haha:

Oh ok. I sure hope so, these jugs need to be producing something, besides giving me back pain.

Oh ok. I sure hope so, these jugs need to be producing something, besides giving me back pain.

With my first I didn't produce anything until the birth - I still breastfed for 8 months. With my second my milk never went away despite a three year gap. Now four years later I'm producing nothing again and I 'm not concerned... I wouldn't be too worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->