Colostrum

MummaBear16

Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy, and I just noticed I have colostrum already at 16 weeks! Only from one breast, though. I've never had it until really late in pregnancy, so this is definitely making this pregnancy all very real! :haha:

Anyone else? Or is this unusually early?

Wow thats great! I would say that is quite early to already have colostrum as it usually comes in later but it definitely can happen a lot earlier and is a very good sign your body is getting ready for your little one :D

This is also my third pregnancy and am now 25 weeks and still no sign of colostrum. Everybody is different i guess xx

with my first I had it at 15 weeks.. with this baby is started at 16 both breast...

Glad I'm not too strange then! I just squeezed the other breast and a tiny bit came out, but definitely not like the other one! I hope I don't end up leaking :haha:

I'm 16 weeks with my 4th baby. I've had colostrum for a few weeks now. My boobs have been getting much fuller and heavier, starting probably around 12 weeks.

Wow, a few weeks already! I wonder if I've had it a while and only just noticed!

With my son I started leaking at 17 weeks, I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with wet patches on my top :haha:

I've had some from my left breast! Was very odd for me as my milk didn't come in at all with ds1. I thought it was an infection or something but turns out it was colostrum. X

This is my fifth pregnancy, and EVERY time my colostrum has started flowing, it has started while I was walking in Target and someone else's baby started screaming. Then I just leaked all over myself every single time. It hasn't happened YET, but I haven't been to Target lately. ;)

I keep worrying that I will start leaking! Already feeling full and have been very sore with no real relief. My nipples ache and give me weird feelings. I guess only time will tell. I keep meaning to throw a pair of pads in my purse in case of emergency!!

Thank you for this thread. My husband asked me last night If i would produce milk earlier for a second baby. I don't think he meant this early though. I'm just at the weird dried stuff on nipples stage--like boob dandruff. Bodies are weird.

Boob dandruff! That's a perfect way of describing it. Took off a black bra the other day and noticed it.

I did notice a weird "stain" inside my bra yesterday.. on the side that's producing more.. didn't even cross my mind, so I must be leaking!!

:rofl: boob dandruff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->