Combination Feeding

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Sorry for 3 questions on one subject but they are kinda 3 diff circumstances.

Combinations feeding ... Anyone have any info or experience?

x

Im going to be combination feeding ...

But no feeding straight from the breast, gonna be expressing ...

Guess im just aqward lol

xxx

Your going to be breast & bottle Imi?

Hmm actually combination feeding ... not still just breast milk is it? :blush:

Great stuff you will be a info bod for me then.

Any info for yourself at mo hun? How will that work for you? :D

Well i will start to BF in hospital then as soon as milk established i will express and BF morn Dinner and lunch and top up on feeds in between ...

Its so Gav can get involved .... prob will formula feed at night

xxx

So formula only at night?

TBH im not to sure ...

Just have to play it by ear and see if she take to BF or not lol

xxx

i did it opposite 4m imi lol, i basically did formula thro day n breast at night(for callum) was easy to just pick him up flop me boob out n shove it in his gub :rofl:

I did combination for the first 2 months. TBH I just found it easier to breastfeed both in the day and at night. If you are hoping to breastfeed I would really really advise feeding at night as this is the time when the hormone prolactin is highest and is the best to get your milk supply up.

I am combination feeding. I fed Jonny breast exclusively until 3 months then formula day and breast at night. With Frankie i fed breast exclusively until 5 months and now bottle day and breast at night. I'll be honest though Frankie has been difficult and takes only about 150ml of formula through the day so she has milk in her breakfast and tea. She has a feed at around 4.30pm and 8pm and then is tricky with sleeping through, sometimes she has a feed at 11pm, sometimes at 4.30am and always between 6 and 7am.

Still wondering if to combi feed.

One reason is so OH can do feed in night also - Anyone any more advice? :D

i tried b/f my 3rd son he started off ok then went off so i started expressing then putting it in bottles he was getting half n half basically as i was using formula too we were doing ok to start with then i found i was making more work for myself by expressing then putting it in bottles also making up formula so i let breast milk dry up and just changed to formula completely i am undecided wat to do this time think i may try b/f again ive bought bottles and breast pump so i may combi feed again for a lil bit anyway then go to formula again

How long did you b/f for? I'm not even sure if I want to. I know its good for them for the first couple weeks or something...but I'm not too comfortable going any longer than needed. Just wierd like that I guess :blush:

me was bout 2 wks but i expressed some for going shopping coz ppl are funny if u start breast feeding in public places

Wobbles - My lo is nearing 18 months now. I breastfed her for 6 weeks. But at night sometimes she would have a bottle because my milk was not enough for her. and she was on formula by 8 weeks because i started back to at work then. And i introduced her onto solids at 4 months. Hope that helps :)

I'm planning on combo feeding while I am on work leave. I will be taking online courses then so I can be home with him all the time. I also want to do formula though so that Jamie can feed him and experience it as well to, but I have also thought about pumping and letting Jamie feed him that, that way he BF exclusively for the first few weeks.

I will tell you have funny story of when i tried to express my milk. Lo was sleeping and my boobs were going to exploded if i did not express, so i got my pump, and followed the instructions, but it was too much me, i nearly made my nipple explode, It increased by size but about 3 or 4 times bigger than it should have been. i was so scared i ran downstairs down the the MIL who was here at the time and shouted "here take a look at my nipple". She nearly wet herself laughing at the size of it. MIL replied "blimey look at the size of that" LOL. after putting ice on it, it returned to normal in an hour.

I'm going to BF exclusively coz I'm too lazy to faff about with bottles. The OH will be playing a full role with the sprog, ok he can't feed but he can do everything else lol.

i have funny story when i first expessed i can laugh now wasnt very funny at the time though lol
i attached all the pump up etc and saw the milk going from 1 ounce 2 ounce etc right to almost 6 ounce i felt proud until it fell off and splashed all over the floor turns out i hadnt screwed the bottle correctly to the pump i cried for about an hour lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->