comfort blanket.....how to get rid of it????

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
my little princess loves her blanket...............fault of my own she has 8 ooooopppppssss, she only has this many because its so hard to take it away to wash it, and then i have family members that think its cute that she has a blanket and so they buy her them..............small 1's with teddy's and fleecy ones and medium sized ones and pretty ones and it goes on an on an on.:cry:
i dont want her to be running around with the blanket at 2/3/4...... it doesnt matter wat type she has, she really doesnt mind as long as she has one, i tryed to replace it with a really small one, the ones where a teddy is holding the blanket, but this is not big enough she loves and kisses the teddy them throws it????? and so i have to give her the big one, i have thought maybe i could gradually cut the blanket in half and agin in half till eventually its none exsistant any one been throw this or do you have any ideas on how to take it away...........

ps she tuck'sit under her dummie.

My nephew was like that. My sis in law slowly cut away the blanket til there was only a tiny bit left. It got to the stage where he would only want it at bed time. He also used to tuck it under his dummy.

Leeon has a comforter bear thing only wants it when he goes to bed though i hide it from him in the day so he doesnt see it and want it i too was wandering how im going to stop him having it at night but hes still young so will have to start soon but when i think again once he gets abit older and understands more his friends will laugh at him for it fair enough BUT he will then probably say here mummy im a big boy now dont need it well im hoping so :rofl:

Kyle has a blankie but I don't mind it..like a dummy most kids will grow out of it in their own time. I'll start to worry if he's still wanting it at nursery time :lol:

I'd make them exclusively for bed times and yeah, hide them, during the day so she's not tempted by them.

It is the kind of thing most children do just grow out of though, I wouldn't stress too much.

I can remember having my 'pink blankey' in my bed until I was at least about 7. It didn't interfere with me socially or developementally or anything, I just liked it to cuddle against my face at night. I'm pretty sure it was never thrown out, i haven't seen it for a decade, but its the kind of thing my dad would keep!

Nicole has a comfort blanket still at 5, she just likes to have it with her at bed time. My nephew also has one but he just likes it when he's getting tired.

I wouldnt take it awway completely, just hide it through the day and let her have it when she's tired.

Dec has a blankie, he used to get it during the day but now he only gets it at nighttime, I just hid it during the day so he couldnt see it, "out of sight out of mind" he did moan for the first day or 2 but then he forgot about it, but there is no way I could take it away at night he just has to have it.

Ewan still has a comfort blanket (tigger with a fleece attached) he generally only has it at night time, or if he is feeling unwell. We have three of them.. when he had gastronenteritis it was a nightmare trying to get one washed and dried quickly so at least we now have one to wash, one to dry and one to cuddle!!

I had a blankie for years. I only used it at night. My son has "lovies", these stuffed bears that have rubbery feet and hands, I guess originally sort of teething bears. He will take one to daycare now and then, but they mostly stay in his crib or when he is sleepy at night and winding down or out of sorts. I have no problem with them, I know he will grow out of it and it is so cute that it just makes me smile. It fills him with comfort so I can't bear to take it from him. :D

thanks for all your comments guys........... she does only have it wen she is tired so thats once through the day and then for bed............. so when i think about what you guys are saying its prob not gonna be a problem, i think maybe i should replace it in the pram though cause she has it wen shes in her pram, ill stop doing that hehehehe thanks alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->