coming off bcp

spicyorange

Reaction score
I'm coming off bcp next week so I thought I'd start a thread to share experiences.
1.what where you on
2.when did you come off
3.when did you get period back
4. How did you find it? Side effects etc.

1. Microgestin 1/20
2. Two months before getting pregnant with DD, and two months ago in preparation for round two
3. Both times my period has resumed within a month of stopping
4. No real side effects beyond some mild acne, but I've always had that issue when not taking the pill. I don't feel any different either!

Good luck! :flower:

1.what were you on: Ortho 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone)
2.when did you come off: may 2014
3.when did you get period back: june 2014 - first cycle was 42 days and then back to 27-29 days
4. How did you find it? Side effects etc.: I have gained a bit of weight and more acne. I have suspected progesterone deficiency though..so hopefully it's that and not just discontinuing BCP that caused my symptoms.

I would love come off pill and get by body regular!

Great thread. I am planning on coming off bcp in Jan so keen to hear your experiences

1. For the last several years, I was on the nuvaring. Before that, I was on ortho-tricyclin for a couple years and then reclipsen. I was on for a total of 7 years.

2. Oct 5 I took out my last ring.

3. I got a withdrawal bleed four days later, then I got a regular period 29 days after the start of my withdrawal bleed.

4. My side effects were minimal. I got some acne and some headaches, and I feel like I've lost a little weight (I put on a little when I went on it.) However, my very first period in 7 years was brutal in terms of blood flow - I thought I was dying! The withdrawal bleeds I'd get on the bc were light and brown blood. This time I was super heavy and bright red. I honestly thought I had a miscarriage.

1. Yasmin
2 came off in July 14
3 1st cycle off was perfectly normal then nothing for 13 weeks...seem to be getting back to normal now!
4 notice sore boobs and nipples for ovulation and period now. Acne!! That's it really!!

1.what where you on: Microgynon30 for 16 years without a break
2.when did you come off: August 2013
3.when did you get period back: Straight away although cycles were around 33 days long but returned to 28 days after around 3 months
4. How did you find it? Side effects etc.: Mood swings are more noticeable around the time of AF but otherwise AF is lighter and shorter and I find it easier to lose weight

1. I was on Zoely and had been for about 4 months - however I had been on several others before that all for a total of about 8 months.

2. I came off the pill in April 2014 I believe.

3. I didn't get a withdrawal bleed for about 2 weeks as I was mid-pack. My first proper period after that was a few days late.

4. I felt a bit sick and odd before my next proper period. And then I had the period from hell, terrible cramps and going through a tampon in just over an hour. AF was wacky that time. Periods went back to pretty much normal after that, slight variation in cycle length but fairly standard. PMS around AF returned with a vengeance for the first few cycles, wanting to shout at my OH for breathing etc...but that's pretty much levelled out now.

Glad to hear people are getting back to 'normal' even if it takes a while :)

I will be watching this thread, as I'm on a break from the pill (last pill was yesterday) for a couple of months. Dreading finding out what a real period feels like after 10 years on the pill/implant! :nope:

Me too!! Gotten so used to
a:Being able to skip it when it was inconvenient
b: Having no pre period break outs
c: No cramps
D: light flow

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about A.
I'm concerned what will happen with my migraines, I get them towards the end of my packet so I guess it will be a good sign af is on its way!

I get frequent migraines and I've found that I get them less now that I'm off the pill. I think I only had two during my whole pregnancy! (thankfully, because I couldn't take my usual medication)

AHH I can finally post here now! I went of BCP (pharmacy mistake) for what was supposed to be just a month and it took 8 weeks before I finally got my period (which = freakout for me... I am very much WTT!)

1. On Ocella
2. Came off (not by choice!) Oct 3 or so.
3. FINALLY got my period back Nov 21 (8 weeks later).
4. Um, stressful because I cannot get pregnant right now (living in a developing country, no medical care, right now!). But besides that, not bad. I didn't have any noticeable symptoms the first month. Then ovulated around week 6- acne (hadn't had that in years), EWCM, tender nipples (have never had that), bit of cramping. AF now is a lot heavier, more cramping than on BCP. I got a zit yesterday too! I will not complain though if my uterus goes crazy over the next few days... I was so overjoyed to welcome AF today that I'll take anything :)

Now back onto BCP this sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->