Coming off Citalipram

PrincessJenna

Reaction score
Ladies I've been off it now for about 10 days them 10 days have been getting worse & worse.... Has this happened to anyone else before or do I need to go see my gp about going back on them? :cry:

Have you just completely stopped them or weaned off them gradually? Stopping them all of a sudden is quite dangerous, I'm currently down to taking them every other day and I think after christmas I might reduce them to every third day before coming off them. If you can feel yourself slipping back then I'd go back to your gp and see what they recommend. Good luck :hugs:

id go back to the gp you might need to go back on them or try something else x

I agree with the others, it's quite possible you're coming off them too quickly.

I am on it at the moment and about 2 months ago I just decided to not fill in my repeat prescription, within two weeks I was signed off work again for a month whilst I was put back on them and got it back in my system. My own GP advised me that the normal recommended minimum time to be on them is for 6 months before undergoing a very slow weaning programme.

x

I have been off citalopram for a week today after reducing gradually from 40mg and I am having some withdrawal symptoms but really trying to deal with them!

what is it you are feeling? I am having more physical problems than mental so far, i keep getting brain zaps and by the end of the day my brain feels frazzled. I feel anxious too but after having therapy while on citalopram I feel like I have better tools to cope with that now and I'm dealing with it ok! I feel quite grumpy and irritable but drinking green tea is helping me I think.

how many mg were you on and how long for? i would say if you feel that its not just withdrawal symptoms you should go to your gp and let them know :hugs:

if you need to talk to someone going through the same thing you know where I am :)

Thank you ladies... I was on 20mg I was weaned to every other day for 2 weeks then every third day for another 2 weeks, I went to see my doctor Friday & he's put me back on them so got to go back to him in 2 months so hopefully in a few weeks I'll start feeling better xx

I've just started to go down to 10mg per day from my old dose of 20mg. My Dr wasn't happy with me going to every other day as i'm also PG so she wants me to do half dose for 1 month, then go down to 10mg every other day for 1 month if necessary (got to go and see them before that). 2 weeks at a time seems a bit quick to me.

I hope you feel better soon x

yeah, slowly decreasing your dose is a better way.

Thank you ladies... I was on 20mg I was weaned to every other day for 2 weeks then every third day for another 2 weeks, I went to see my doctor Friday & he's put me back on them so got to go back to him in 2 months so hopefully in a few weeks I'll start feeling better xx

I'm glad you spoke to your Doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->