Coming off microgynon

stargazer

Mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
I came off microgynon last month, had my withdrawal bleed as usual, and we were going to wait until I had a 'natural' period before we started trying, but hubby got impatient and wanted to start ttc straight away (bless..), so we did!

Well Ive heard loads of things about the :witch: taking ages to come back after bcp, but on cd 24, 25, 26 & 27 I've had a brownish discharge in the mornings which dissapears by the night (on cd28 today and nothing!) Sorry if TMI!

Did anyone else experience this when coming off bcp, coz I'm a bit confused :S

Thanks girls!

I'm experiencing that now. I came off the pill in August, had my period 23 days later which only lasted 3 days, mine usually lasts 5 days, even before I was on the pill. Now it is 24 days after that period and I've had brownish spotting, well that was yesterday. Haven't had any this morning so far but I've got cramps in my lower stomach which i think could be period pains but then I always get period pains in my back as opposed to my stomach.

Have you done a HPT? Some people say that you can be super-fertile just after coming off bcp so you might have got lucky!

it sounds like your body is having a clear out of all the old stuff.

I came off microgynon 30 in march this year we started trying straight after withdrawal bleed as some people are really fertile after coming off the pill.

unfortunately i'm not one of them. it took me 81days for my first proper period to arrive. (and i was convinced i was pregnant. but the pill leaving my system gave me loads of symptons wasn't pg)
We're all different though and the fact your getting some bleeding/discharge is a good sign of your body adjusting to life without the pill.

Good Luck!

Yeah, i did do a hpt yesterday but it was a :bfn:. I used to get the browny discharge for like an hour before I would come on, but it happened for 3 days, and has now stopped! Why do our bodies have to be so confusing!?

Do you think I should test again in a few days time?

Might be worth doing one next week if you're not sure, it's so hard waiting for your cycle to come back!

I had all sorts of random spotting after coming off Depo injections so I bought some IC HPTs and just did them every so often to put my mind a ease because I was taking herbs to help regulate my cycle.

Here's hoping you either get the BFP or AF turns up soon!

What are IC HPTs? (obv i know hpt, but whats the IC part??)

I did the same as you! we couldnt wait.....AF is due next week. I had bleeds like that last time i came off the pill ( 6months till AF) but it started with a brown discharge. its prob it coming out of your system?!

I heard ur 5 times more likey when coming off the pill to get preggers!:shock:

IC HPT = Internet Cheapy home pregnancy tests

:dust:

Oops Wishingonastar beat me to it!

and HPT home preganacy test

im going to get some off the net if i dont get my :bfp: as boots is very expensive!

lyns on here give me this address

https://www.accessdiagnostic.co.uk/acatalog/Home_Ovulation_Tests.html#a23

Thanks ladies! What sites can i get the IC HPT's (getting the hang of this - lol!!)

I'm sure it is my body just getting used to not being on the pill - but a girl cant help but hope!

DH is worse than me! Been feeling really crappy yesterday and today (not pg symptoms - just rough) and he keeps saying 'do you think its coz your pg - and maybe you tested too early'!!! Have to keep reminding him that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high only to be disappointed!! Bless him!

Thanks for all your replies again!

Lots of babydust to us all!!

Thanks for the website MrsHolmes!!

lol I think my ther half is worse than me too I do feel a bit like he's wrapping me in cotton wool lol

That site do some high sensitivity tests - 10mIU Advanced Ultra HCG. Got my first BFP on one of those! If you order them before tuesday the 30th Sept you can use the promotional code 'AD' to get a discount. They deliver really quickly too.

Good luck

That site do some high sensitivity tests - 10mIU Advanced Ultra HCG. Got my first BFP on one of those! If you order them before tuesday the 30th Sept you can use the promotional code 'AD' to get a discount. They deliver really quickly too.

Good luck

I know this is gonna sound really stupid but is the packaging 'discreet'?? Like does it come with the words PREGNANCY TEST written in bold in luminous pen -lol!! Its just we live in a flat and our friends live above us and we haven't told anyone we are ttc yet!!

they normally just arrive in a normal postage envelope or package. they only way they'd know is if they knew who access diagnostics were and would have to read the envelope to know that. So don't worry - your secret will be safe!
The only obvious way they'd know is if your :sex: sessions were loud :blush: and overly frequent iykwim

they normally just arrive in a normal postage envelope or package. they only way they'd know is if they knew who access diagnostics were and would have to read the envelope to know that. So don't worry - your secret will be safe!
The only obvious way they'd know is if your :sex: sessions were loud :blush: and overly frequent iykwim

Oh god i hope not!! lol! :blush: Not that that would actually stop us mind!!

Well Ive ordered some of the 'ultra' tests from that site! So if AF doesn;t show, at least I can take one without worrying about wasting loads of money!

Thanks ladies x

Good luck

I know this is gonna sound really stupid but is the packaging 'discreet'?? Like does it come with the words PREGNANCY TEST written in bold in luminous pen -lol!! Its just we live in a flat and our friends live above us and we haven't told anyone we are ttc yet!!

lol I know, if im at work on a long day my mother comes and feeds the cats and they dont kow yet!

I get my tests from ebay, they come with in 2 working days, I've just bought a big bulk of them today, good luck TTC hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->