Coming off pill to TTC ......

Jenba

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hello ladies
Quick question. I am currently on the pill. I am hoping that we may be TTC at some point soon. The question I have is do I finish taking my packet of pills before trying or can I just stop halfway through and get a bleed early?? I do not know if it makes any difference? Can anyone shed some light on the subject for me??? :hugs:

I came off in the middle, then my cycle returned to normal right away and I ovulated after my withdrawal bleed.

Good luck with TTC! :)

im thinking of coming off the pill soon aswell. ive had 2 different opinions, first, like butterflies said above, that it does not make much difference if you stop halfway through a pack and the other opinion was to finish off a pack and have a 'normal' period before trying. so i guess its down to choice realy

THank you ladies. I am just waiting to get the go ahead from my OH .... wish me luck!

Good luck jamba I am due to come off my pill next month but as ibwould have my period when on holiday I will finish the pack then that will be that. :)

Good luck jamba I am due to come off my pill next month but as ibwould have my period when on holiday I will finish the pack then that will be that. :)

Good luck!! I am going to suggest to my OH tonight that I come off my pill and we just let what will be, be! I hope he agrees. My LO is 3 now and I do not want there to be a huge gap so fingers crossed. :thumbup:

lots of luck :D when coming of the pill for ttc with our daughter, i stopped half way through a pack. i found i had a withdrawal bleed, and then a period. i would say about 6 weeks it settled down and i started charting etc :D though everyone is different and some return quicker :D good luck to you :D

If I were you I would finish the pack, just because I am a stickler for rules. :p I don't think it will hurt to stop right now if you really want to, your body will kick in anyway when it doesn't get its daily hormone dosage so... Good luck! Let's hope your Oh gives the go-ahead huh :D

I've come off the pill twice, the first time I finished the pack and had a regular 28 day cycle straight away. Then the second time I stopped halfway through a pack, had a withdrawal bleed, and then a period about 7/8 weeks later.

So for me at least I was more regular having had finished a pack. There was a lot of stress in my life the second time around so that could have also been a factor in irregular cycles.

Hope that helps x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->