Coming off RXs before TTC

LipGlosJunkee

Reaction score
Does anybody else here get migraines really bad? I've been on RXs for over 6 years to control mine, but I have to come off them completely before we can start TTC. I've been successful at slowly weaning myself off them, but I hit a snag a couple months back and had to go back up in dosage. I was feeling confident about coming off them up until then, but now I'm really nervous about it.

Anybody else dealt with or dealing with this? I could really use some advice or support. I know other people that get migraines, but nobody gets them as frequently as I do

I have migraines really bad, but it does not sound like I have them as bad as you do. I was taking a prescription "as needed", even though we talked about different preventative medications I could take daily. If you are taking them daily, maybe switching to a different medication could help you wean off? I took amidirine (midrine?). Have you talked with your doctors about some of your concerns? Are there any medications that could be taken safely while TTC or pregnant if they were only taken as needed? I know coffee/caffeine helped me wean off my medicine...but now I get migraines if I don't have coffee, so that may not be the best substitute to help come off of the Rxs. Coffee will be the hardest thing for me to give up once I am pregnant!:haha:

Anyway, I am sorry that I don't really have great advice for you. I just wanted to let you know that I completely understand how debilitating migraines are though, and I would be fearful to come off medication after so long too! Hopefully there is something out there that would make weaning off a little easier on your body. Keep us posted! I hope some other ladies have some answers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->