Coming over from 2nd tri to ask about first kicks..

Ali33

Reaction score
Sorry I am intruding but curious to see if you ladies remember when you started feeling real kicks? I am 22 weeks and still really only feel flutters here and there.. Anyone not feel kicks until 22+ weeks? Also this is my 2nd and have a posterior placenta..

I have anterior, and only recently started feeling the kicks from the outside.
i could feel the little taps on the inside from about..16-18 weeks.

I started feeling flutters around 19 weeks to up to 22 weeks and after 22 weeks the movements got stronger. Hang in there you should be feeling it soon.

Maybe your baby likes to face the back more often.
I was lucky to get very early kicks but its not common

I have posterior placenta & didn't feel proper kicks until around about the 28 week mark, maybe even a bit later. Baby until very recently has always been face down, face to my back. I only felt little flutters & very slight movements every now & again. Now he is bigger & has less room he moves about all the time!

Around 22 for the first movements for me.

Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

I had no movement until 20 weeks, then flutters until about 24, now we can actually feel them from the outside!!! As long as baby is showing okay on the scans I wouldn't worry, especially since (if I'm right in thinking) an anterior placenta can muffle the movement.

xx

Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

I had no movement until 20 weeks, then flutters until about 24, now we can actually feel them from the outside!!! As long as baby is showing okay on the scans I wouldn't worry, especially since (if I'm right in thinking) an anterior placenta can muffle the movement.

xx
Mine is posterior :(

I didn't know you were in 3rd tri already!!! You left me behind!!! lol

Urgg, duh, pregnancy brain moment, must concentrate. Yes with a posterior placenta it will be different, lol.
BUT I still think it's normal, I was the same, even my midwife said that it's normal not to feel movement from the outside until 28 weeks, and the big inside movements from 24+.
Just keep trying the drink lots of cold water and lay on your side thing, see what happens!

I KNOW RIGHT. It's kinda scary, and I'm so uncomfortable now, arghghgh. Actually I didn't realise there were so many weeks between us, I thought we were closer in dates! I do miss you though, how're you doing other than the movement thing? I keep sneaking back into second tri to see how everyone is doing, hehe.

xx

Other than that I am good. Don't really feel pregnant lol.. How are you? I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts lol.. Do you have FB? Add me if you do. :) https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http...rdr#!/alicia.s.hubbard?__user=100000856646907

I don't really feel pregnant until I try to do a lot of walking, then I feel REALLY pregnant. But I'm good, we get the keys to our house on wednesday!!!!!
When I click that link it takes me to my facebook home! If you search for Tami Gower in facebook my picture is a drawing of a chicken type thing, lol. xx

That's awesome!
I sent the request :)

Hi Ali,
How's your miracle baby doing :)

Started feeling subtle movements from 15/16 weeks, then rollercoaster movements / flutters at 18 weeks then first proper kicks at 19 weeks. Have no clue position of my placenta but have a feeling it's anterior.

don't worry not long now you'll get those kicks :)

Hi Ali,
How's your miracle baby doing :)

Started feeling subtle movements from 15/16 weeks, then rollercoaster movements / flutters at 18 weeks then first proper kicks at 19 weeks. Have no clue position of my placenta but have a feeling it's anterior.

don't worry not long now you'll get those kicks :)
Thanks girly, I hope so! This baby is making me eat all the time! lol... I feel like I can't just get full! Once I feel the kicks I will feel a lot better.. All I do now is pray pray pray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->