• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Complete Novice

Jojo

Reaction score
Not quite TTC yet (hoping perhaps Feb/March to start) as I have just come off the pill, so waiting for the first natural AF for a few years. Also in the process of being diagnosed with PCOS so I thought I would get myself all ready in advance so I know what I am looking for ovulation wise, but I'm just getting more and more confused!

Got myself a Boots fertility diary thing with BBT thermometor and have been doing that since I came off the pill, but otherwise I'm lost! I've been on the pill pretty much non stop for 10 years so I'm not too in touch with my body yet ......

Off to the doc on Tuesday for a 'review' so I guess I can have a chat to him then, but I'll probably get myself all worked up and forget everything!

Don't worry hun, you'll learn quick! I know the basics of most things but by no means an expert like other members are!

If you have any questions, fire away and i'm sure someone will be able to help you.

It does take a good few months to figure out your body and what symptoms you have around O and AF etc. So you can start by perhaps writing down how you feel around that time, eg cramping, sore boobs, discharge and what colour it is etc.

Good luck for your dr's appointment :hugs:

Hi Jojo :hi:,

I'm new here as well. I'll be honest most of what I've learnt has been through lurking about in here for a few months! I think pinpointing ovulation is the main thing (easier said then done)! You seem to be going about things in the right way, getting a diary seeing the doc etc.

Best of Luck

xx

Thanks girls - I'm sure it'll get easier in time.

I'm about half way through charting my first cycle post BCP and it has taken a sudden nose dive in temp. I have been pretty stable at 36.2/3 and then on Weds it shot up to 36.8 and then yesterday went down to 35.8 and this morning 35.2. Also been feeling a lot of mild cramps (I guess, although nowt like pain I used to get with AF - OMG that was bad), any thoughts on this. I thought that perhaps it might have been my bodies attempt at O, but as I've said it's all new to me!

Hey Jojo, as FJL says youll soon get the hang of it.
Do you chart with fertility friend?

I just have a BBT thermometer and diary from boots - where would I find fertility firend - would you reccommend it?

Fertility Friend is at www.fertilityfriend.com

Like you I was on BCP for a long time (about 13.5 years for me!), but we just started trying. I'm only on my third cycle off so my body (and me!) is still trying to adjust to what's going on. I'd say look into FF or another charting website/software....makes it easier to see what's going on and it can helo you with letting you know what's going on. I have tried a few other sites (other than FF - Fertility Friend) so if you'd like to take a look at those, just let me know and I can give my "reviews" :wacko:

GL ttc - it seems confusing but we'll all get it one of these days! :rofl:

Id definatley reccomend fertility friend, you can share the link to your chart so we can see and give our opinions.
It will do all the workings out for you, coverline etc. All you have to do is input your temps each day.

Fab thanks - will give it a go!

:hi: Welcome to Bmb I want to wish you luck on getting pregnant soon. FF (fertility friend is a great bbt charing tool). Make sure to add your url in your siggy so we can check out your chart.

It was nice meeting you. And, maybe you will get pregnant soon after stopping BCP..

Thanks - finally figured it out - here it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->