Complete OCD dress/linen question!!

candeur

Reaction score
I've been freaking out about this for days!! Lol sorry if I sound nuts.
My dress is ivory so I've planned on having a black/ivory theme so the men will be in black suits and ivory waistcoats and cravats and the bridesmaids just in black dresses.
I'm just trying to get my head around what linen to have, initially I wanted ivory linen but the venue only has cream which I think will look too yellowy against my dress?
So now I'm wondering whether to go white for all the linen and chair covers but would the ivory on my dress and the men's suits as flowers look right up against it?/
I have a feeling that I'm being completely irrational about it but its just a small details that's bugging me so much because its not going to be all co ordinated!
So I guess my question is would you go white on tables, or cream with an ivory/black theme?

This is my dress and its looking t it against the cream sofa which has made me really think about it!

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/serenstran/iphone/0A66B485-A871-4422-8C7E-A629E7D95B97-2015-0000016B40A0E4BF.jpg

No the cream colour looks great against the dress. IMO it is much more sophisticated than plain white or ivory and adds a suggestion of vintage. I think just black and white would be a bit too clinical.

I'm actually with you on this one. If the table linen is to be cream I'd want something else to be cream too (eg, the bridesmaids shoes) but then it'll compete with the ivory.

Would it be "too much" to have black table cloths with cream napkins? I know the black would be VERY black, but it should help to make the cream look more 'white' and less 'yellow'. Although it'd still be noticeable up against your dress, if it was just napkins then you're less likely to have a napkin up against you (unlike sitting at a table with a cream table cloth). Of course that all depends on whether your venue/linen supplier actually have black table linens!! :lol:

First of all your dress is beautiful!

My dress is ivory and all the little bits and pieces are (bridesmaids shoes, favour boxes etc) but all our linen will be white, purely for the fact as it comes free with the venue and we would have to pay extra to have another colour!

I think either will look fine :)

Thanks guys.
They don't have black linen unfortunately so I've decided to stick with the white linen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->