Complete previa

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I'm 12w4d but baby is measuring 4-6 days ahead. Doctor found that I have complete previa, but seemed really confident it will move.

Anyone have stories of previa moving or not moving?

I have a complete previa that is not likely to move because of the way my placenta formed. I have a bilobed placenta with one lobe that is anterior and the other that is posterior and a piece connecting them over my cervix. It was diagnosed at 20 weeks and I am now almost 28 weeks. However, you are still really early and they do typically move as the uterus grows. Only thing to do is wait and see. With my son, I had a partial previa that did move. However, other complications resulted in me having a c section anyways.

Dr said my placenta was posterior and he wasn't concerned. But I've read so much that complete rarely moves. So I'm nervous. Fx it moves. I hope your situation turns out ok too. :hugs:

My sister had partial (though significant) still at 34 weeks - by 38 weeks it was clear of the cervix and she naturally delivered a healthy baby boy after induction at 41 weeks. You have plenty of time :)

Thanks! Positive stories are always good to hear. Google has so much doom and gloom!

But I will say, I'd rather be told the truth than have it sugar coated and I'm surprised in the end.

I was diagnosed with placenta previa at my 20 week scan, I had an extra scan at 32 weeks where it hadnt moved. I was booked for another scan at 36 weeks but I started bleeding the night before and ended up with an emcs. My midwife hadn't explained the risks to me so tbh I found it all very scary but I think you've got the right idea by finding out the risks, hopefully yours will move though

Update on me... I had a large unexpected bleed at home on Sat (29+3 weeks) and had to call an ambulance. Luckily it stopped and they did not have to deliver. Did not have bleeding before this. I have been admitted to hospital for the duration of my pregnancy now and am just taking it really easy. However, I also have a few other complications with my pregnancy (vasa previa and possible placenta accreta) which put me at a higher risk above just placenta previa so how I am being managed is even more conservative. I was going to be admitted to hospital anyways around 32 weeks so now I am just here a bit earlier. Hoping that nothing else happens and baby stays in and healthy until my planned c section 35-36 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->