Completely the wrong reasons but...

Ready2Go

Mummy to 1 little lady
Reaction score
...Is anyone else looking forward to having a break from work when they have their baby?!

I've been working full on since I got my degree, giving absolutely everything I have to succeed in my job. To start with it was a lot about proving myself and getting myself in a position that when I did have a baby I was in a good position to rejoin the career ladder once I'd been "unlucky" enough to fall pregnant, and I guess in some ways it's paid off, but now I'm knackered and don't get the same enjoyment out of it all. I really need that break to focus on something different, then I can return with a new perspective. I'm also looking forward to passing off some of my tasks in preparation for mat leave in the hope I won't get all of them back when I return (way too much on at the moment)!

Of course, it's not the only reason why I want a LO, and TBH I've shocked myself by how much I've changed (now it's nothing to do with being unlucky, I'm so excited and I can't wait for me and my OH to start trying for our own little precious bundle of joy - which is why I'm now addicted to this forum!)

Do I sound silly / self obsessed / completely naive?? :blush: Honesty appreciated, promise x

Thanks x

not naive....we all have our little "bonus" reasons ^^

I sooo need a break from work, my head is batterd but i think after 9m id be ready to go back

I'm well looking forward to it. But I want to set up my own business BEFORE I get pregnant, so I defo don't have to go back to work after LO is born. :) And will still be making money.

Some of my 'reasons' for wanting a baby are all wrong, but then I realise they're not actually my reasons, they're just the bonuses that will (hopefully) come along with having a LO. :happydance:

xxx

Thank you ladies. I too think that after a few months off I'll be ready to go back, but I know my priorities will have adjusted a bit. I'm thinking about going back on 4 day weeks too but we'll see how that goes moneywise!!

Nightkd - good idea! What are you planning on doing?

Glad I'm not on my own anyway! xx Thank you xx

I totally agree with you, I have worked my arse off for the past 4 years to get myself a great job with a great company so that I can have a baby in the safe knowledge that I can have a well paid Maternity break and then when the time is right, get back to the career that I have made for myself.

I love my job but I also can not wait to have that year off to be a Mummy :hugs:

xxx

Nightkd - good idea! What are you planning on doing?

I'm designing and making jewellery. Have been doing basic designs with Swarovski Crystals and Reclaimed Buttons, that sort of thing, but now looking to do something more advanced (just about to browse for courses) like actually moulding metal and stuff, currently experimenting with making Bridal Jewellery :) There's such a broad scope of things to try out and opportunity for creativity! I love it!! :happydance:

Sorry, I'm quite enthusiastic about it :blush:

xxx

Oooh sounds great - and there's a really healthy market for bridal stuff alone. Good luck :) x

I have only just gone back to work and can't wait to leave again :hissy:

Im not working at the moment, due to this stupid recession! but in some ways its a good thing, because im spending more time at home and fixing up things for when we move, which after we have, we can start trying for a baby.
Also im trying to turn my Hobby of Photography into a small business, so that I can work part time from home when we have Children. :)

I wish I could find a job....we're moving this summer and I'm going to have to completely depend on OH if I can't find one between now and then...I feel bad. There's an opening at the KFC right down the street from my new home though....*sigh*

At the moment I dont think people can be picky lol, I applied at all my local shops and fast food outlets, even tho I didnt want to work there. I used to be an Assistant Retail Manager before Xmas and now im a stay at home bum, I mean Wife lol.

I hope you guys find something soon - it's pretty rubbish being jobless and I'm sorry you're going through it at the moment. Good luck in the hunt and I hope you find yourselves lots of things to keep you busy in the meantime! x

The credit crunch is not a time of being proud of your job...my new job is at harry ramsdens :rofl: the cat likes me when I come in now though since I smell of fish ;)

I cant wait for all the time off after having a baby, to devote myself solely to being a mum, my idea of heaven :)

actually, as luck (or irony) would have it, the second I sent in my last message, I got a call---and a job right along with it! I start Sunday! WOOO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->