compramise in labour

dinidani

just a little bit preggo
Reaction score
So ive had three totally different but uncomplicated labours ds1 early 4 weeks and 5 days labour gas and air and pethadine
Ds2 5 weeks early labour 6 ish hours gas and air
Ds3 1 day over 45 minuits from first contraction 15 minuits from getting in hospital only gas and air
Oh is convinced the best place of having this one is in hospital but im not sure if this time im going to make it and tbh i dont want to have dd1 in the back of a car or at the side of the road or tbh without oh there as it will be my luck that i do school drop off oh will be at work an hour away and i come home and give birth withought him here as dont drive and wouldnt be able to drop ds3 off as he isnt in nursery im getting extremly anxiet with this and honestly i want to be prepared for a home birth if its required just in case as ild prefere a induction so we kno when to book especially with the kids after ds3 quik appernace is there a way of requesting early or timed induction or have a plan for home birth as i told oh i want a home water birth or a water birth at the hospital and he tells me that its safer just to be in a ward but i dont kno how to compramise

Why don’t you just plan a Home birth then, you sound like a perfect candidate?

We had a quick labour with our second so we are totally prepared for a home birth ignored we can’t make it to hospital. So we have the Midwife kit and all the supplies, it’s mostly stuff that’s around the house. I didn’t have to buy anything.

My midwives will come and check me and if we have time we’ll go to the hospital if at that point we wish to. But more likely they’ll arrive as the baby is crowning if last time is any indication lol. I’m sure I’d want to stay at home even if when they arrive I’m only 5 or 6 cm A’s I’ll be settled at home most likely.

But I would say, plan everything for a homebirth. You can always transfer immediately after the birth if anything needs attention with you or baby.

Thank you ladies im seriusly considering it but oh is dead against it not only for babies health but the fact that the house would be re fully decorated so he dosent want to ruin it i do see the health point as we are in a flat with three lots of stairs but 10 minuit drive to hospital but rather have her at home then in the car with no help any body have to argue wjth there oh to get there veiw accros or to compramise with them do i say i want it here but as soon as midwives say i need to go in we go via ambulance or something xx

Theres loads to support the idea that a home birth is better all around for mother and baby when it's been an uncomplicated pregnancy. If it's something you decide you should speak to your midwife asap as they have to put in a request and sort when the equipment would be delivered.

I would definitely just tell your OH that you’re more comfortable with a homebirth followed by an ambulance transfer once the baby has arrived vs rushing to get to hospital. If he’s dead set against it for safety reasons, it’s very unlikely anything would happen that wouldn’t be fine with just heading to hospital afterwards.

My sister is the same, hb is SOOO dangerous in her mind. She wanted to know if my midwives knew how to start an IV on my newborn. Like, why would they need to do that? If my baby needed an IV we’d drive 10 mins to the hospital and do it there and it really wouldn’t make a difference.

The midwife will bring everything you need, you just need a shower curtain or something to that affect, to protect your flooring? It’s not as messy as you think, I mean you get off the bed in hospital and there isn’t blood and mucus covering the floor and walls is there.. 😂.

Id ask your health care provider about information on a home birth for your hubby but honestly id plan a home birth for the just incase and have s plan for hospital just incase you think you can make it but talk to your doctor or midwife and see what they say

We had a birth pool in the dining room (moved the table) and put tarpaulin on the floor. I also had a pile of clean old towels for cleaning up. It doesn't go up the walls or anything and it isn't that messy. Honestly I've had two homebirths now and with my second I had the placenta lying on towels on my cream sofa and there was no mess or marks on it at all.

SO We just had our baby and when I called the mw she asked where I had decided to have the baby and I just said at home. My DH fully supported me but at that point he had no choice, we were having a baby in the next couple of hrs and I wasn’t leaving home! So you can try that approach XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->