Conceive... if only it was easy. HELP PLEASE!!

QueenofKings

Reaction score
I am new here and really just looking for some advise.

My Husband and I have been trying since March of this year to conceive... granted I do know that is not all that long but my doctor told me that he thought I would have issues regarding PCOS. I am 29 and my husband is 36. (We have one son-he is my step son but I have raised him and we have full custody) My doctor ran test on my blood work last month and I was told that it came back normal... I am trying not to worry but has anyone else had similar issues. I was told that I do not have PCOS but that because of the similar symptoms I could have issues conceiving.

I have been using the at home ovulation kit and I do it just as the directions explain... but I tried twice in the afternoon to test and both times (during the fertile week) it said that I was fertile but when I tested in the morning it said I was not...

anyone having the same issues... anyone know any tricks of the trade??

Hi Queen & welcome! I can't give you too much advise as I'm a TTC newbie myself, but I'd definitely recommend you to chart, if you don't do that already. A lot of ladies on B&B use fertility friend and I'm really positive about it as well. You can subscribe for free and you get an extensive course (via email) on everything regarding your cycle and how to pinpoint your ovulation.
If you have some PCOS symptoms, you might take a look at this website https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/ as it gives a lot of tips and information.

I agree with Eline to chart as opks aren't reliable if you have pcos. Pcos causes false positives with opks so charting alongside using them will let you know if it's actually happening or not. How did you get diagnosed with pcos out of curiosity? Usually women with pcos get abnormal blood results due to the cyst and hormonal imbalances that cause them and you mentioned your test were normal. There are lots of ladies on here with pcos and lots of great things you can try if that is what is holding you back. Good luck:thumbup:

Heya,

just wanted to say that I am one of the lucky ladies with PCOS where OPK's work absolutely fine, even the internet cheapies. And for me it's normal to have 2-3 days of positives, which is nice as it gives us enough time to get some lovey dovey time and sperm in there before the egg hops.
I read somewhere that the LH production is higher in the late morning than early morning, that is why often women get a stronger positive OPK in the afternoon. After a first positive in the afternoon, I usually also get a positive next morning too.
I have some bad months, where my body tries to ovulate with a positive OPK, then just can't do it but tries again 1-2 weeks later and then it will work, sadly confirmed by a period 14 days later.
As the ladies said above, temping is great to confirm ovulation but don't give up on the OPK's just yet as they work for a lot of women, even with PCOS, and are a relatively cheap way to give you a clue when you ovulate.

Good luck to you dear!!! :hugs:

PCOS does not necessarily mean you will have trouble conceiving... I have it and I conceived within one month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->