Conceived with bad ovulation pain?

impatiently25

Reaction score
Hi all, I have endometriosis with bad ovulation pain (which includes rectal pain), and I'm wondering if anyone has been above to conceive naturally with this condition?

Well, I don't know for certain that my baby is sticky just yet (but we saw a yolk sac around 5w+5/6d, so that's progress!), but...I have stage 4 endometriosis. This is the second time I've been pregnant, though my first wound up being a blighted ovum.

Pain is purely individual. I have a severe case of it and barely any pain to speak of. I only got diagnosed about 10 years ago because I had a large cyst that had to be removed and that's when they found tissue everywhere.

I started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist and he was not really concerned about the endometriosis. It can cause fertility issues, but it wasn't the end of the line for us. We conceived naturally before he even started us on any fertility treatments.

I conceived with it, but only after surgery. I had bad rectal pain too - turns out that my ovaries were wedged to my bowel with adhesions and had endometriosis everywhere round my uterus, especially the ligaments. They also discovered that my tubes were blocked so the surgery was totally worth it.

Endometriosis doesn't necessarily mean you'll have trouble conceiving but it can depend on where the endometriosis is. My was pretty painful too but I'm now about to enter me second tri.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to PM me x

My cousin (in law) has bad endometriosis and just had her second baby, with a loss in between. It took her a long time to conceive her second, and the dr had her on birth control for 3 months before she started TTC. Then, she had her loss (chromosomal issues) and then her baby. She definitely complained about lots of pain at different points in her cycle. I have PCOS, and I am prone to bad ovulation pain myself. I clearly haven't had issues with conceiving.

Thanks for your replies! I had surgery last summer, which helped a lot with period pain, but unfortunately the ovulation pain still persists. We've been trying for 2+ years and apparently there aren't any other problems, but I'm convinced my ovaries and fallopian tubes are just attacking the sperm every month. Good to know that conception is still a possibility though!

Sorry to hear that impatiently25. Really hoping that things work out for you xx

Some basic advice that my reproductive endocrinologist gave me on my first visit that may or may not have assisted with my conceiving naturally:

- moderate exercise
- no more than 200mg caffeine per day (he shared a study with me that claimed high amounts do affect fertility)
- no more than 3 alcoholic drinks per week and preferably wine for the antioxidants
- eat more fruits and veggies
- use ovulation test strips or monitor basal temperature to ensure you at least do the deed around ovulation time

I have endometriosis very severe but most of my adhesions were excised last year except any of the ones closer to my bowels my ovulation was more painful than normal my last two cycles I have BFP and strong symptoms right now my apt is Friday but My two girls were both no complication pregnancies and I had endo I just didn't know yet till after the second and she was conceived 10 months after the first don't loose hope everyone's endo is different good luck and baby dust ��

I don't think I have endometriosis, but I have struggled with infertility for 2 years. Last year I had a blighted ovum after trying for a year. It had been another year with no success and my cousin told me to take evening primrose oil. It's supposed to make your cm really fertile. I tried it one month and had gushes of cm that month. We only did it once 5 days before ovulation and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. I was so shocked. Also, I get really bad ovulation cramps too. I knew exactly when I was ovulating. I think my cm had been killing the sperm or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->