Conceiving after BCP.....anyone???????????Some good stories too please lol

mommyjill

Reaction score
Hi i am on the first month off BCP and TTC #3.

DS and DD were both conceived first month off BCP but I am a little!!! older this time around (36) and am aware it might be bit longer this time.

I dont have any clue about my cycle at the mo, it was clockwork regular when i was younger around 28,29 days but not sure now and realise it may take time to settle .... but then going back to the fact about DS and DD,

I finished my pill pack as normal at the start of February and had my withdrawal bleed 2 days after as normal, been BD ing several times since and had several symptoms over past week like cramps, headaches, pulling pains low in tummy, odd pain in BBs and could eat for Scotland - lol

Sorry if this goes on but just wondered if anyone in same sit or similar to me or has been in the past and has positive words or stories for me.
:thumbup:

I've been off BCP since last October and I'm still out of whack! I had two periods in Feb., but before that it was 66 days! We decided in mid-late Jan. to TTC, but we were NTNP. So, now we want to really try, and of course AF showed up on the 25th. So, for now we're just waiting for her leave, so we can track OV.

Hope you're having signs of a BFP and AF stays away!

Hey hun, I had gone off the bcp about 8 months before we ttc and my cycles were 28-42 days, though generally 29-35 days long. Once we started to ttc we got pregnant on cycle 5. Also some background info - I had been on the pill for about 17 years at that point and was 34 when I got pregnant.

I was on microgynon for 20 years! It took 11 months to conceive our LO after coming off it, and my cycles were slowly rising in length all the time. The month we conceived I think my cycle length the month previous was about 45 days! Also I noticed an absence of ewcm until the month we conceived. Dont know if its linked to long term bcp use, but if you experience this I recommend pre-seed and lots of green tea in the first part of the month! HTH xx
PS I was 36 when we conceived (our/my first) xx

Thanks ev 1 for your replies.

Its fab to hear other people's experiences.

Its Microgynon 30 im on - i presume that means 30mg?? lol
Cant remember the other pills i was on before my kids so maybe that will make a difference??
I have been on pill since i was bout 19 ( 36) now and only been off it while i was preg both times, or breastfeeding or on mini pill.

Fingers x but kinda feel im outta luck really there are so many more that deserve it more than me..... orry im not really optimistic am i.

Good luck to you all with whatever you all want in your lives - we only get one shot at it they say so if we want babies then we want babies n we go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi mommyjill and everyone else!
We have 2 dd and with my second i came of bcp and got caught almost straight away now we are ttc #3 I have only just came of bc so fingers crossed its quick as i am sooo impatient i hate the waiting game!! I just hope that because im older (35) it wont take long
x

Hi mommyjill and everyone else!
We have 2 dd and with my second i came of bcp and got caught almost straight away now we are ttc #3 I have only just came of bc so fingers crossed its quick as i am sooo impatient i hate the waiting game!! I just hope that because im older (35) it wont take long
x

Oh im impatient too :-( hee hee

i couldnt believe getting preg straight away with both my kids 1 month off BCP so thats why im a bit dubious it will happen again - and this age thing ............. bothers me,

Sometimes feel should just give up now but then dont want to then i do lol that biological clock has alot to answer for hasnt it??????????

It took me 6 cycles of TTC #1 after I came off BCP (I was 32 then). I had been on bcp on and off for 17 years... for a total of probably 70% of that time (or so).

6 cycles really isn't that bad for that age! But it felt like it took aaagggggeeesss!

Don't give up!!

I think I am actually Oing this month!! Even though I don't think I will get PG this month, I am going to be ECSTATIC if I see AF in a couple of weeks!!!

That will mean my first NORMAL cycle in 6 months since coming off BCP!

Hi All :wave:

I think I'm in denial with my age cos i sure dont feel mid 30's!!!! It scares me when i hear 'biological clock ticking away' :argh::saywhat:

I was 25 when i got pg with d#1, 29 with d#2 and im 36 in July so that bloody clock IS ticking away unfortunately!

I cant believe how technical its all got since my last pregnancy i never bothered with cycle days, ovulation strips, bbt but im trying it all now just to improve my chances. Does this make me sound desperate???

Also, because we haven't actually told anyone we're ttc these forums are all i have for now!! Its so hard not telling friends and family when im so excited :happydance: I just hope its not too long a wait but my df is loving all the extra bding he's even calling it 'baby dancing' now haha

Ladies please keep in touch to keep me sane!!

:dust: baby dust to you all xxx

Thanks Shelley.

I hope you get to see your AF soon - in that way its a good sign.

My Af actually came on Tuesday evening ( first one since coming off pill month ago) was bit disappointed to see it as means not caught this month:-( but in way glad ive had proper Af now to help with dates for future ( trying to be more positive there - lol)

So that was bang on when would have got withdrawal bleed if still been on pill making that cycle ( kind of ) 27 days whuch would be fab if they all stay like that.

Keep me posted with your updates chick. xx

Hi All :wave:

I think I'm in denial with my age cos i sure dont feel mid 30's!!!! It scares me when i hear 'biological clock ticking away' :argh::saywhat:

I was 25 when i got pg with d#1, 29 with d#2 and im 36 in July so that bloody clock IS ticking away unfortunately!

I cant believe how technical its all got since my last pregnancy i never bothered with cycle days, ovulation strips, bbt but im trying it all now just to improve my chances. Does this make me sound desperate???

Also, because we haven't actually told anyone we're ttc these forums are all i have for now!! Its so hard not telling friends and family when im so excited :happydance: I just hope its not too long a wait but my df is loving all the extra bding he's even calling it 'baby dancing' now haha

Ladies please keep in touch to keep me sane!!

:dust: baby dust to you all xxx

Hi - very similar to me - I had DD when i was 23, Ds at 29 and im now 36.

IKWYM about keeping it all to yourself - I not telling anyone as they will say im mad etc etc and dont need that.

Sometimes i do ask myself if doing the right thing cos we are happy as we are and house my job etc are all perfect for us but suppose its hard to explain the wanting another child. And ive gone for few years thinking my family was finished - a boy and a girl - perfect!!:blush:
Just keep thinking if im going to do it it must be now.

Fingers x for this month then chick xx

Mommyjill I think we are cloned haha I can't believe how similar our stories are!!! 
Me an df had talked in the past about stopping at 2 children (even though I would have jumped at the chance of more at the time) then all of a sudden over the last few months we started talking about it again and decided to ttc. As I said I'm 36 in July and he's gonna be 38 in June and we don't want years to pass an think we've left it too late to try!!
My partner has a good job and I work in a primary school and I know when/If we get pg people are gonna think we're mad cos we're so settled. He even brought me a dog as we said we wouldn't have anymore kids oops haha

So my last bcp was took on 26th feb I had a couple of days breakthrough bleed and have started to use ov sticks and tracking my bbt since tues.

Fingers crossed that all of us don't have to wait too long for that bfp
Keep in touch x

I'm with both of you on keeping it to ourselves. I have two friends that know we are talking about and one of them I keep updated and the other it's more of a casual mention now and then. So, it's a pretty lonely journey so far.

I can't imagine how obsessed I'm going to be as this goes on. This is only my first month to start paying real attention to this stuff, and today I stepped it up even more and started temping.

What a ride this is!! I'm really glad I found this site!

Mommyjill I think we are cloned haha I can't believe how similar our stories are!!! 
Me an df had talked in the past about stopping at 2 children (even though I would have jumped at the chance of more at the time) then all of a sudden over the last few months we started talking about it again and decided to ttc. As I said I'm 36 in July and he's gonna be 38 in June and we don't want years to pass an think we've left it too late to try!!
My partner has a good job and I work in a primary school and I know when/If we get pg people are gonna think we're mad cos we're so settled. He even brought me a dog as we said we wouldn't have anymore kids oops haha

So my last bcp was took on 26th feb I had a couple of days breakthrough bleed and have started to use ov sticks and tracking my bbt since tues.

Fingers crossed that all of us don't have to wait too long for that bfp
Keep in touch x

Lol :) we must be cloned mumof2and1dog

OMG my birthday is in July as well - what dates yours?

How are you getting on with the ov sticks and temping?
I have my sticks at the ready :):blush:

Hey mommyjill and Shelley 
Well my bbt has been the same since i started recording it 3 days ago ov sticks neg and df says to me today "have u done a pg test yet cos I'm sure ur already pregnant haha an I thought I was impatient!!!
Trying to explain the complex nature of ovulating then fertilisation to my oh is like a bloody sex education class haha
I'm currently on an app on my iPhone called pink pad an according to my calendar I've got flowers starting to bloom but I'm not looking too much into that as I haven't had a normal period after coming off bcp.
You know I love this site as it's bringing women from all over the world together and we're all similar circumstances.
@ mommyjill my birthdays on the 11th when's yours? X

Me again!! mommyjill thanks for the message it was a nice surprise made me smile x i tried to send one back but couldnt find out how to x

Hey mommyjill and Shelley 
Well my bbt has been the same since i started recording it 3 days ago ov sticks neg and df says to me today "have u done a pg test yet cos I'm sure ur already pregnant haha an I thought I was impatient!!!
Trying to explain the complex nature of ovulating then fertilisation to my oh is like a bloody sex education class haha
I'm currently on an app on my iPhone called pink pad an according to my calendar I've got flowers starting to bloom but I'm not looking too much into that as I haven't had a normal period after coming off bcp.
You know I love this site as it's bringing women from all over the world together and we're all similar circumstances.
@ mommyjill my birthdays on the 11th when's yours? X

its on the 8th. :happydance: creeping up closer all the time eh?

Glad you liked message i was mucking about ha ha.

i am currently on CD4 and no idea when i O so prob use first stick on Monday.

Where did you get your thermometer for bbt i take its a special one with smaller increments?(sp) - told you i was new to all this lol :) x

I'm with both of you on keeping it to ourselves. I have two friends that know we are talking about and one of them I keep updated and the other it's more of a casual mention now and then. So, it's a pretty lonely journey so far.

I can't imagine how obsessed I'm going to be as this goes on. This is only my first month to start paying real attention to this stuff, and today I stepped it up even more and started temping.

What a ride this is!! I'm really glad I found this site!

Hi shelley how are you?

IKWYM about obsessing and i too am glad i found this site. Been on it before few years back when sit was different lol :)

Hiya mommyjill

Before we started ttc I'd never even knew much about bbt but thanks to this site and googling it seems like the normal thing to do as I dont want it to take forever lol (little miss impatient again!)

I got my ov sticks and bbthermometer from ebay and it measures to 2 decimel places. I take take my temp every morning at the same time after my alarm goes off i stretch my arm across to the bedside cupboard to get the thermometer and hardly move a muscle as i dont want to affect my temp in the slightest haha well its been the same for 3 days running an neg on the sticks so hopefully should see some change soon.

xx

ps. So are you a typical cancerian then??? I am a moody little crab haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"