Conceiving day after ovulation..possible?

Jordyn

Reaction score
We dtd a few times leading up to ovulation and we did it once the day after my temp spike.

I know it doesnt hurt to still try after ovulation but is it fairly pointless after ovulation has already occured the day before? Has anyone became pregnant from having sex a day after ovulation?

i read that having sex the day before and the day after is good and sometimes 2days after ov...im not sure hopefully someone else can be a bit more helpful.

i hope that is possible because i BD the day before and the day after...

It can't hurt but you're saying you dtd 2 days after ov? I think the egg is only meant to last for something like 12 hours so I doubt you would get pregnant from only dtd 2 days after o (not saying that's what you did). If you did the day after o then I think you're still good.

Either way it won't hurt!

No..just the day after ovulation =)

I just looked it up and the egg can last for 24 hours. It isn't the best timing but still possible. :)

WSS^. It IS possible, but not the best chances. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in ideal conditions, on average they only last about 3 days so it's good you DTD a little before ov. You're still in the running! Lots of baby dust xxx

I was wondering the same thing, we either DTD the day before or after ovulation. I think it is possible, but like others have said, it is probably less likely.

I read recently on here that this woman dtd 2 days after ovulation to conceive a boy...i dont know if she had her ovulation dates off but 2 days after is hard to believe. She said she did coneive a boy tho. I also read that no particular timing increases your chance for either sex. It was a study I found online last night

I don't know if there is any truth to the whole gender thing or not. From everything that I have read over time....they say that the female swimmers swim slower but they live longer then the males and the males swim faster but do not live as long. They say if you dtd a few days before 0 then you have a better chance of having a girl because the females can live longer and be waiting on the egg. Then they say if you dtd on the day you O...then the male can get to the egg faster then the female. I don't know if it is true or not. I had quit trying when I got pg with my daughter. With my two boys, I was using a saliva scope and I dtd the day I got all ferns..(ovulation)...good luck to what ever you are hoping for. I honestly think it is just up to God and what he wants you to have.

Yeah...me trying after ovulation had nothing to due with any gender preference. I was just reading that there was a study done that shown no evidence that timing it would make any difference. It also stated that from there data that there was no proof that conceiving after ovulation was possible tho there was about 19% (I think there abouts) pregnancies from the study that were unaccounted for..so its still up in the air I guess. No harm in trying after ovulation..thats for sure. More of curiosity on my end I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->