Conception after being on BC for years?! I'm worried :(

Chrissyxoxo

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Back again needing to vent :( It was tough BDing tonight knowing that I was ovulating! We are still on the withdrawal method for now..if it happens great ( I am hoping for an accident lol) but hubby does not want to actively try until December. On the bright side its super close! He originally wanted to wait until spring but after some heart to heart for a few hours, he agreed to December:happydance:

However, i'm still a little worried as I was on the Mirena for 5 years and just got in removed Feb '13. After reading so many unsuccessful TTC stories, i'm worried. I wish hubby was ready now (what difference does a flippin' month make to him??apparently everything but i'm trying to be patient) I feel like i've gave him 6 years of time (our DS is 6) :growlmad:

I would like to start ASAP because i'm worried it might take time after being on BC, they say it can take up to a year? I know we are all different but what are your experiences of conceiving after BC? Mirena?

We've been using the withdrawal method for almost 9 months and have been very sloppy...just surprised we haven't had an oppsie yet with no protection. I'm just being paranoid I know, but if I need to see the doctor before I will!

Any input is great!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

:hugs:

I had been on the pill for six years, and got pregnant on the second cycle off. :) I thought I read somethng about how coming off BC actually makes you more fertile for a bit? They say it can take six months to a year to get pregnant normally, but most of the people I know have gotten pregnant within months of trying!

Either way, good luck! :hugs:

I had been on the pill for six years, and got pregnant on the second cycle off. :) I thought I read somethng about how coming off BC actually makes you more fertile for a bit? They say it can take six months to a year to get pregnant normally, but most of the people I know have gotten pregnant within months of trying!

Either way, good luck! :hugs:

Thanks Kitteh_Kat :) Yes I have heard of that too! Unfortunately when I came off BC last Feb when my Mirena expired I was ready lol...my husband not so much, and it takes two to tango :winkwink:

Hopefully I'm one of quick to conceive in December!!! Thanks for the input! Your little one is adorable!

I think they tell you those things to sort of cover their own bums, as a "just in case it does take you that long" sort of deal. I was worried about the same both times I was TTC, I was on BC since the age of 16 to regulate my periods, and started TTC our first when I was 22, it took us two months! After my DD was born, I had mirena inserted and had that in for almost a year before having it removed. I did have it out for about 4 months before we tried, but I fell pregnant the first month of trying, though we did have a month where we were sloppy too, and no oopsie resulted in it.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it, I think you are more likely to find negative stories from people online than success stories because the people who were unsuccessful in TTC have more complaints than those who were able to conceive after coming off the BC

I think they tell you those things to sort of cover their own bums, as a "just in case it does take you that long" sort of deal. I was worried about the same both times I was TTC, I was on BC since the age of 16 to regulate my periods, and started TTC our first when I was 22, it took us two months! After my DD was born, I had mirena inserted and had that in for almost a year before having it removed. I did have it out for about 4 months before we tried, but I fell pregnant the first month of trying, though we did have a month where we were sloppy too, and no oopsie resulted in it.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it, I think you are more likely to find negative stories from people online than success stories because the people who were unsuccessful in TTC have more complaints than those who were able to conceive after coming off the BC

Thanks LockandKey!

My hubby keeps telling me the same thing, not to worry until we have officially started trying. We are both at a good age, 25 and 27, and obviously didn't have issues the first time :) and your right averages are just that, an average time frame!

Thank you for your stories! It certainly gives me hope that once we do start TTC it will happen quickly and I do notice those that have issues TTC are those TTC #1...this is #2 for us so everything seemed to be working down there the first time I hope so why not now. I've read around more and have heard more stories like yours so I will keep my Fx'd!!

Thank you!!

:hugs:

I have the EXACT same worry! :hugs:

I am still posting in the WTT forum even though I am now TTC, but this is my first cycle and I am still only CD3 so I am "WTT" just waiting for the right time in my cycle! I tossed out my bcps at the end of this month and am really scared that it is going to take me forever to get back on track due to the horror stories that I have heard as well. I really dont want to wait 6 mos just to become fertile again. I am hoping that since I was only on bcps for 5 months it might have less of an impact but who knows.

I too have heard that you can be extra fertile the first month after bcps too though, in fact the chances of twins increases quite a lot!

you could just use OPK's to se if your actually ovulating properly? that way you'll know if its out your system and your ovulating, so can get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->