Conception vitamins and minerals

amyrose92

Mother & Pregnant On No2
Reaction score
Which vitamins and minerals would you suggest to help with conception? we are ttc#2 (my partners 1st). I was 18 when i fell pregnant on my first, didn't even realise until I missed my period so wasn't planned and no supplements were taken before hand. this time around i want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. my son is perfectly healthy but I would have done the same first time around if I knew. thanks in advance!

Folic acid is the most important, vitamin D is recommended for pregnancy as well. I take Seven Seas trying for a baby (which is a multi vitamin designed for TTC).

Which vitamins and minerals would you suggest to help with conception? we are ttc#2 (my partners 1st). I was 18 when i fell pregnant on my first, didn't even realise until I missed my period so wasn't planned and no supplements were taken before hand. this time around i want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. my son is perfectly healthy but I would have done the same first time around if I knew. thanks in advance!

First, is your username Doctor Who related? :D

Second, a good prenatal vitamin is a great place to start to build up your stores of needed nutrients. Additionally, chaste tree berry (also called vitex) is amazing for balancing hormones, helping to regulate your cycles, promote ovulation, etc.! I took vitex with evening primrose oil for a few months to help my crazy unpredictable (and painful) periods years ago and ended up unintentionally getting pregnant (pretty amazing considering before that I was told it would be incredibly difficult for me to ever get pregnant because my cycles were so insane) I can't recommend that stuff enough! Also would be a great idea to get a greens powder and make some yummy smoothies, good idea to build up your vitamin k stores with green leafy greens for pregnancy and delivery <3 Hope this helps some!

I take a prenatal for generalized vitamins and folic acid. Folic acid is very important.

I take co q 10 for egg health.

Vitex to lengthen my luteal phase as it was a bit short since post partum.

I'm also on Vit D as 1000 IU wasn't enough in my prenatal. I was at 18 and 30 to 80 is normal.

I would research these and see if it might be good for you. A prenatal checkup and/or physical is a good place to start.

Thanks all .. I work in a supplement company believe it or not haha but admin. We are not allowed to recommend supplements for legal reasons. I haven't told anyone in work that we are trying to conceive just yet so I don't want to go asking questions. We do the coq10 and greens so I'll give them a go! Already taking folic acid and multi vits. Xx

First, is your username Doctor Who related? :D

Second, a good prenatal vitamin is a great place to start to build up your stores of needed nutrients. Additionally, chaste tree berry (also called vitex) is amazing for balancing hormones, helping to regulate your cycles, promote ovulation, etc.! I took vitex with evening primrose oil for a few months to help my crazy unpredictable (and painful) periods years ago and ended up unintentionally getting pregnant (pretty amazing considering before that I was told it would be incredibly difficult for me to ever get pregnant because my cycles were so insane) I can't recommend that stuff enough! Also would be a great idea to get a greens powder and make some yummy smoothies, good idea to build up your vitamin k stores with green leafy greens for pregnancy and delivery <3 Hope this helps some!

No haha it's my first and middle name haha. Thank you for the advice I will deffo get the greens in work! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->