Concerned about giving birth.....

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Right so i know i am "old hat at this" with it being my 5th baby, but i am a little worried, my ds3 was born under weird circumstances ( pushed him out at 4 cm....) but it was given some contex when ds4 was born, i had my waters broken, (1cm dilated) and had an immediate urge to push, i told mw his head was there, she had a look and said, yep, he was born in 5 mins of waters being broken, the midwife was soaked and had no gloves on, window was open, fan on..... It was a shambles.... My son was too cold, had to go to neo natal :( I am concerned something like that could happen again, will it be noted that i had a "rapid birth" what if it happens quicker this time?!!!! :nope:

Anyone had a rapid birth, then a normal one after?!

I birth quickly, an hour and a half on my son and two and half hours with my daughter. Her labour would have been faster but she was back to back. Pushing her out ripped my cervix and caused me a third degree tear. The pain was like nothing I could have imagined. Totally different to the natural birth I had with my son. I'm terrified about giving birth this time. your not alone don't worry. I'm hoping for a slower more relaxed labour this time around.

I have had 2 quick deliveries, nothing like My first that was quite an experience! It was less than 30 minutes from my waters breaking 3-10cm dilated and pushing! My daughter ended up in neonatal for 48 hours following it was all such a shock and happened so quick I barely made it into the labour room, the room wasn't set up and freezing and it felt like they weren't prepared atall, i tore pretty badly had no idea what was happening and felt like nobody was there until right at the end when they realised I wasn't lying when I said the baby was coming out! My second time was completely different the actual Labour lasted most of the night and delivery was slightly longer with my son, he was also back to back, I had to have my waters broken at 5cm it was just under an hour from that point to delivery so although still quick it was much more relaxed, we had lots of skin to skin time after and it was a much nicer experience. Pregnant with my 3rd now so wonder what it will be like this time round! 😊 I did mention in my pregnancy notes the concerns I had after the first delivery so they were aware I had a quick delivery and just incase it happened again they would be ready for me Good luck ☺️

Thanks girls, the experience for me was not a bad one, it was a good birth, it was the effect on my baby i was worried about...... Looks like we are all in the same boat then....

My third was quite fast and very very frightening, really scared but trying to think positively, he was so close to death I still burst into tears when I talk about it. I mentioned to the midwife at booking in and she has refered me for an appointment where we will go over the notes from that delivery and talk through what happened to hopefully reassure me as I still don't know why it happened (not the speed, but why we nearly lost him) X

My third was quite fast and very very frightening, really scared but trying to think positively, he was so close to death I still burst into tears when I talk about it. I mentioned to the midwife at booking in and she has refered me for an appointment where we will go over the notes from that delivery and talk through what happened to hopefully reassure me as I still don't know why it happened (not the speed, but why we nearly lost him) X

Oh my god, i am so sorry, that must be traumatic to say the least, i hope you are reassured at your appointment. What happened?

I had a rapid birth with my first. I went from being 1cm at 8pm, my water broke at 9pm and the midwife got there just in time to do an unplanned home delivery. Literally the second my waters broke, I needed to push. The midwife said she's never seen dilation happen so quickly.
I'm terrified it will happen again this time because it was quite scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->