Concerned about tubal blockages..

melewen

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
AF came today so forgive me if I'm a little crazy. DH and I have been trying to 4 months now, which I know isn't very long, but I have very regular cycles. The first cycle I didn't temp, but my period was late by about 3-4 days, and I had clear twinges in my uterus, especially little twinges around my left ovary (not cyst-like, but more like pinches). I was convinced I was pg but worried it was ectopic (due to the pinches and all!). Since my mother had had one, I was especially vigilant. I never got a BFP, and my period came, as I mentioned, a few days late. My OB suspects I was pg, too.

When I was young and stuuuupid in college, I contracted clammydhia but had it treated within a year. I never had symptoms of PID, and just took an antibiotic to clear up everything, which they caught during my regular visit. I had the infection for maybe up to 9 months and wish I had a t-shirt, "I studied abroad in Paris and all I got was this stupid STD" :( Le sigh.

Anyway, I'm getting nervous that I might have some sort of tubal blockage. My OB said that the infection could increase the change of tubal pregnancy but what is the likelihood they are just *BLOCKED*? I have an appointment with her in a few days but I just can't get over this horrible feeling.. Bleh

Thanks guys.

Well, there's no way to know if your tubes are blocked without an HSG test. Maybe ask to get one? As someone who had a recent ectopic, I can say it is not something you want to play with!

I had a blocked tube for literally no reason. They called it "cob webs". Basically just dried mucus that got stuck in my tube. So if I can have one for no reason, you very well could, too!

Well, there's no way to know if your tubes are blocked without an HSG test. Maybe ask to get one? As someone who had a recent ectopic, I can say it is not something you want to play with!

I had a blocked tube for literally no reason. They called it "cob webs". Basically just dried mucus that got stuck in my tube. So if I can have one for no reason, you very well could, too!

Yikes! I'm asking my doc about all of it on Thursday I guess :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->