• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Concerned - don't know what to do...

pink80

Please......
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, although based on ovulation I'm actually 5 and 4.

I'm having intermittent pain on my right hand side (feels like ovulation pain) on and off, been like this for the last 2 days. I don't know if this is normal and I don't have a midwife yet to ask.... I'm at work, which is an hour away from home (& GP)

Has anyone else had this...? I don't know what to do and I'm getting more worried and upset as the day goes on..

Thanks
xx

hey, i dont really know what it might be but just wanted to say try not to worry - and try not to google anything. maybe call your doctor on the phone and explain the symptons? im the worst for worrying about thigns, i know how hard it is trying not to google.

is the pain very bad? it might be pregnancy related pains like your uterus expanding. it could be completely normal. i think you should call your GPs office and even have a chat on the phone and hopefully they can advise u further.

take care x

Well pregnancy is full of strange and worrying feelings and lots of stretching and ligament pain which can be dull or sharp, and in first pregnancy it can be so unnerving but very normal. One thing came to my mind immediately though. I had that with my son at the same stage, and again with my last pregnancy. Both times it was a cyst on my ovary, which are REALLY common and they disappear later on in pregnancy. If it's persistently on just one side and like a small sharp stabbing pain, then I wonder if it's this?

With my son it got to about 5cm in diameter on the last scan they gave me and then was absorbed by my system by the later scan. Basically it is the corpus luteum (like the empty shell that the egg popped out of which stays in the ovary) - it kicks out important hormones to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over towards the end of the first trimester, but sometimes it can continue growing and cause pain. In worst case scenario it can be surgically removed if it gets really big, but even then that's rare and it doesn't threaten the pregnancy, so don't worry.

That's what I'm guessing it is, but I think you ought to get an appt with a GP and get a scan to confirm this, as they feel twitchy about ectopic pregnancy and will want to rule it out understandably. At least you'll get a scan in the process :)

Whilst it may be normal stretching going on, I'm guessing ten to a penny it's a normal little cyst hun :)

Try not to worry too much, unless the pain is really bad of course then it might be worth checking out. But, I had a very similar thing when I got m BFP... lasted on and off until recently and I'm still getting the odd cramp/pain. I asked my midwife and she said it was all perfectly normal and good. xxx

Hi, I had this early on (but on the other side), it could just be the corpus luteum which makes the progesterone early on. Can you give your doc a call? Mine does phone appointments, they may be able to put your mind at rest :flower:

Thanks ladies :flower:

I rang my GP and she told me that it could well be 'growing' pains where everything is getting settled in, but she said that if the pain gets worse or becomes constant then I should get to straight to A&E to get them to rule out an ectopic

xx

Thanks ladies :flower:

I rang my GP and she told me that it could well be 'growing' pains where everything is getting settled in, but she said that if the pain gets worse or becomes constant then I should get to straight to A&E to get them to rule out an ectopic

xx

Hope you're reassured by that, don't hesitate to get it checked out if you are worried :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"