Concerned

Polkadotty

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm rather concerned im 23 and ive been ttc for 6 months now. I know it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to concieve but honestly thought it would of happened for us by now. I'm a worrier and can't help but think the reason were not concieving is because of a fertilty problem we may have. Anybody else feel like this?

Hi Polkadotty

Are you actively trying as in using Ovulation tests or charting etc? Or are you bit more relaxed and just having intercourse naturally?

My friend got pregnant on the seventh month of trying by using ovulation tests to pinpoint the best time to BD and she was about 33 then. You may just be missing your ovulation time unluckily.

I went to my doctor after two years of trying but I know how you feel, looking back that feels like too long to wait. Have you been to yours yet?

I think you still have a good chance six months.is not that long in fertility time but when you want a baby one month is too long to wait! I dont know I hate to see young healthy people feel like they have problems after six months of TTC but then again I understand your feelings too. Hopefully you are both eating healthy etc.

Hopefully someone else will pop in with a bit more helpful advice

Yeah been using ovualtion kits for two months now been using the clearblue one with the hormone indicator. I have been to my doctor I went two months ago and my partner went last month and they told us that it will happen because we are healthy. But don't believe that it will. Yeah one month is too long when it's all you think about wondering has it happened this month, will it happen next month. I used to symptom spot each time because I honestly thought I was because I was getting the odd symptom, but these last two months I haven't and I haven't had any symptoms to watch.

Ok so you actually do get a positive result from the ovulation kits then? That's a good sign that you are ovulating. I used about a hundred OPKs and never ever got a positive, that should have been a massive clue but me being a dunderhead didn't really think why am I not ovulating?!:dohh:

I knew your doctor would tell you to go away and keep trying! I kind of see their point but also think you should try and relax, keep using OPKs and enjoy yourselves and maybe it will happen. Maybe give it a few more months and then if nothing go back to the doctor.

I do think its good you aren't lazy and not bothered like I was but I also think you shouldn't overworry at such an early stage. Then again, I wish they would do fertility checks even just bloodtests and a sperm analysis when we all set out to try....it would save a lot of time and worry in the long run!

As for symptom spotting...that will be the death of me one day. Please, I beg you try not to get sucked into it, advice from a hopeless symptom spotter lol

Ahh your so nice 😊yeah your so right wish doctors could do that would save a lot of worry. Yeah I've had no problem doing ovulation tests with the one I was using you get high fertility days and peak (actual ovulation) so yeah I am ovulating.but just think why isn't it happening 😔 gets me down because my sister fell pregnant on her first month of trying and she was on the pill,ive not been on the pill for 4 years so frustrating!! Symptom spotting is a nightmare cos you get your hopes up and then are devastated when period comes.

Aw thanks! No I just really do know how you feel. I know, it's so hard when you see people around you getting pregnant especially family as it makes you compare yourself to them but it still doesn't mean there is anything necessary wrong.

The doctor told me there is only actually a 25% chance each month for conception take place so when you think about it like that it seems a miracle we get pregnant at all plus women fall pregnant at different rates of trying its not like its unusual it takes up to a year to get pregnant. It's cos we expect it to happen so quick we get disappointed.

My sister also fell pregnant in her first month of not trying but not preventing either! I was ecstatic for her but I did have this horrible sad feeling burn through my body. All I can say is you are young, ovulating and hopefully relaxed. Enjoy these few extra months you give yourself as time to enjoy BD and also please try not to overworry. If you don't conceive in that time the Dr is still there, the tests are there they are not going anywhere.

Babydust to you!! Lots and lots

Yeah it's constant disappointment and constantly like what is wrong with me why won't it happen. Yeah seeing other people pregnant makes me a little sad and think I wish that was me 😔 yeah 25% isn't much each month but with well timed intercourse you would think it would happen if there wasnt anything wrong. How long have you ttc for?
Thanks I will try not to worry but just a thing I can't seem to not do just the way I am 😌

Baby dust to you ✨✨✨

I was TTC for two years before I was diagnosed with PCOS and a blocked fallopian tube. It has been two years that I have been having assisted conception but it took me a good long while at least seven months to lose the weight I had gained due to PCOD to even be viable for treatment as the hospital is pretty strict.

I know you think there might be something wrong and its definitely hard not to worry but as I mentioned my friend who was using OPKs continuously to conceive and having timed intercourse, she also thought there must be something wrong but sometimes it really is just the luck of the draw. She conceived on the seventh month so you just never know.

This is so hard, but at least on here you are surrounded by women who understand your situation just come here and vent. My DH is so glad I found this place, it means less nattering to him about it!

Yeah hopefully il have some luck with the opk's soon because the one I use is so expensive, don't believe in using the cheapest ones am like the one I use as gives me four fertile days.
Hopefully my lucky cycle will appear soon 🙏
Such a shame about your diagnosis hun, always scared incase I have something like that as some symptoms don't show.
Yeah so glad I came on here everyone is such a great help,it's nice to talk to others in the same situation.i have all my family to speak to too but there not going through it.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->