Concerned!

cjcook123

Reaction score
Let me start off w/ i have no insurance at the moment. I found out i was pregnant on the 25th. I was wanting to know more about it, so decided to go to the er on the 26th. They did a vaginal ultrasound the tech said he wouldn't be able to see anything else unless i was at least 6week or above, he found the sac and said congrats that i was really early. I went back to my room in the er and the nurse practitioner came into the room and said sorry by the size of the sac im 5weeks but they couldn't see anything growing in it. My hcg levels were at 12,617. She also i should be expecting to have a miscarriage soon. I didn't want to believe it, so i went back to the er that wednesday and my levels had doubled. Everyone said that it was too early for them to see anything at 5weeks. Im just concerned still that i could have a miscarriage. Does anything think since my levels had gone up that the chances are still high to have a miscarriage????

I think you shouldn't worry unless you start bleeding. They often are wrong with such early u/s. Next time make yourself an apt with a regular Dr, it will cost you less than the ER bill!

Let me start off w/ i have no insurance at the moment. I found out i was pregnant on the 25th. I was wanting to know more about it, so decided to go to the er on the 26th. They did a vaginal ultrasound the tech said he wouldn't be able to see anything else unless i was at least 6week or above, he found the sac and said congrats that i was really early. I went back to my room in the er and the nurse practitioner came into the room and said sorry by the size of the sac im 5weeks but they couldn't see anything growing in it. My hcg levels were at 12,617. She also i should be expecting to have a miscarriage soon. I didn't want to believe it, so i went back to the er that wednesday and my levels had doubled. Everyone said that it was too early for them to see anything at 5weeks. Im just concerned still that i could have a miscarriage. Does anything think since my levels had gone up that the chances are still high to have a miscarriage????

It IS too early for them to see anything from an u/s. I had bleeding at 5 weeks, went to the ER, and had an U/S and they saw the yolk sac, nothing else. My HCG was 13k. I am still pregnant as of today at 19 weeks.

I can't believe that the NP said that to you. Very irresponsible of her. I would wait a few more weeks and go back in. They should be able to see something at 7 weeks... maybe even the heartbeat!

I wouldn't worry. To me it sound like your on the right track and the stressing yourself out will do more harm than good.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd18e6.aspx

Most ERs have BULL Sh*t ultrasound machines. see if you have any medical assistance programs in your area, or free woman's clinic and get to a real sonographer. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->