concieving before ovulation?

littlejenx

Reaction score
has anyone concieved several day before ovulation or know how possible is it to concieve if you are having unprotected sex six days before?
thankyou :shrug:

I am not a hundred percent positive in where this knowledge has come from but i think that sperm can live for up to 3 days which would mean that if unprotected sex was 3 days before and you could conceive. Hope this is somewhat helpful and that other people on here can guide you further.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/AN00281

It says under the right conditions the sperm can live up to 5 days or longer. So yes, it is possible to get pregnant 6 days before ovulation. But probably not a huge percent. :flower:

Technically I don't think you can actually conceive before you ovulate...the sperm can live in your body, but until it meets with the egg, it's not conception.

What Sherileigh said. The sperm can stay alive inside you for up to 5 (ish days, although up to 3 is more likely), but until you ovulate you won't release an egg and so the sperm wouldn't be able to fertilise anyway.

Also if any of those sperm actually did fertilise the egg you'd be more likely to conceive a girl! Female sperm are slower in reaching the egg but live longer!

X

Im finding it difficult to get an ovulation calender that is accuarte, each one i try gives me different details compared to the previous one

Can aynone recommend an accurate one?

Sorry for side tracking question!! Im pretty sure the sperm stays in for up to 5 days...so maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->