confession time...

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Ok been using cloth during the day since day 6 but still use sposies at night :nope:

I have £55 sat in my paypal to spend on nappies and would love some advice. I have no tumble drier and wash every 2-3 days. Prefer pockets/aio but am not 100% adverse to using wraps for overnight use as long as no leaks!

Usually change nappy when we go to bed at 10.00ish and we get up between 7-8. I am not changing him in the night as only wakes once for food and as co-sleep feed and roll back without really fully opening his eyes so don't want to be having to change in the night if i can help it.

Any advice be very much appriciated. am liking the look and sound of Bambooty anyone have any opinions of these?

I have a bambooty AIO and it's pretty good, quite absorbant on my LO. Not used it at night but it seems quite bulky to me, reckon it could hold out overnight x

its best to use a night nappy and a fleece or wool wrap or soaker, best to avoid pul at night so his skin can breathe

We use cheap naughty baby nappies at night stuffed with a folded terry towelling square (as recommended by erin). Never had a problem and never had a leak.

I recently used a baby beehind with a fleece soaker which worked equally as well.

I'll keep using the stuffed naughty baby's though as they work, saves pennies buying specific night nappies so I can buy more pretty day ones!!!

We used BumGenius 3.0 pockets for Hayden and they lasted him 12hrs a night even when he was still nursing through the night many times. I would probably go for some 4.0s though since they just released those and I like the new features they have available for them

i have v3s and a v4 never thought to try to be honest but guess they are ones i can leave on for 4/5 hours during the day with no leaks. Guess you just put in extra liners? Have spare ones lying around from my ebay cheapies - they always come with 2.

Really want to make the change just worried will have leaks and need to get up to change in the night just as we have got into a nice routine.

have you though about trying an ecobubs?

they are wool cover with very thin layer of pul and microfibre insert. i have one as a tester and they dry really really fast (<30min on washing line)

https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/Washable_Nappies-Ecobubs_Wool_Nappies/c23_59/index.html

the ecobubs look good off to cnt to see if can find any pre-loved as only afford 2 with my limit if buying new.

Will be giving my bg's a try tonight found all my spare inserts see how i go.

I just used both the inserts that come with the BG and it held for 12hrs...since he nursed through the night he wet a lot too and we really never had leaks...I'm sure maybe a couple times, but very very rarely. Now we use fitteds at night though, he's older too so doesn't wet as much now

I have to use a 2-parter at night as G is such a heavy wetter.
I use either a Bamboo Little Lambs, or a Holdens Landing BedBug or a Wee Notions Night Nappy usually with a Flip wrap.
I also make sure that I use three fleece liners, so lo feels as dry as poss.

I also massively recommend Tots Bots Stretchies with a Flip or Little Lamb wrap :)

I use the Close Parent PopIns for night time. We use the insert (obviously lol!) and the regular booster that came with the nappy and that does her just fine most nights! The odd night we get leaks but mainly because those ones are still pretty new and need more washing to get them more absorbant.. they're bamboo inserts and boosters. I love em tho :thumbup:

what babyhaines said really!
we've tried pockets and aio's for night but they always leak. started using fleece / wool as wraps and that mostly works pretty well though even then by morning he's damp around the waist :wacko: Best we've found are Motherease airflow wraps with a bedbug, night notions or totsbots stretchie. you can usually pick up some bargains of these on here or CNT :)

I use a cheap naughty baby at night with 3 inserts and it works well but ivE only been using cloth for about 3 weeks and only have cheapies so far and am yet to invest in boosters x x

Hi, I use wonderoos with the big insert at night, just fold it over a bit on the narrow end, and that works really well, (LO is 4 months and skinny). I also use the small wonderoo insert, with a BG newborn/booster insert in the wonderoo, and that seems to work even better! Just did it by chance one night as in my sleepy state I couldn't find the large insert in the heap!

Also a BG V3 night-timer user over here :wave:

Holds out 10 hours with both inserts...NEVER had a leak...ever :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"