Confuddled about cloth!

blahblahblah

Reaction score
I would really love to try some cloth nappies on Dylan. But I have no idea where to start! I've read all the threads I can on here, but even doing that I'm still none the wiser! :wacko:

I'm on a strict budget, and I thought it would be good to try just a couple to see how I find them before investing loads. I also wondered about one-size to save cost, although Dylan is now 7 months and about 7.5kg (fairly slim build), not sure if this is a good idea?

DH is very sceptical so I need to make good choice and not spend too much. I really don't understand the various systems, but I'd rather not be poking around in poo too much so the simpler the better really.

Can anyone help???? :blush:

The absolute cheapest are prefolds, but those are the rectangle ones so you have to fold them and then use a cover. Not the easiest out there but not hard.

I would look into pockets. They go on like a disposable, you can add extra inserts to make them work for overnight, can get one size ones and they dry faster than most all in ones.

Since I'm in the US I won't have many recommendations but I really like BumGenius and Fuzzi Bunz pockets

All in one nappies that have everything there and go on just like a disposable are the easiest. All in twos or snap in ones are pretty similar but the insert poppers to the inside rather than being sewn in.

There are also pocket nappies which are similar to an all in one but they have a pocket (usually at the back) where you put in an insert which absorbs the wee.

There are lots of types out there, but they're the easiest two in my opinion.

You may be better with one-size (also known as birth to potty), however if your LO is a small build you may find sized ones better. Medium's tend to fit to around 20lbs. xx

Itti Bitti D'lish either AIO (all in one) or SIO (snap in one) are pretty slim fitting and easy to use :) Not too expensive either xx

If you're on a tight budget, try buying a few preloved nappies (there's a thread for "cloth swap and sell"). That way you'll be able to try different kinds and won't spend too much. :)

I really like my BUmGenius pockets - I stuff them with the inserts when I've taken them all off the washing line, so it's just like putting a disposable on. I'm not overly fussed about having pretty nappies so the BGs meet most of my needs, but I do have a few itti SIOs which are too adorable for words! I'll probably sell them when she outgrows the small size and put the money towards a couple of medium ones. The itti's are a lot more slim fitting too which is useful for some of M's clothes which are just starting to get tight around the bum area.

Also- there is a website you can go to to fill in a questionnaire to see which nappies will suit you best. I think it's the nappy lady website (just google it). HTH x

the best thing you can do really is do a little research - decide on the systems that you think will suits your needs best, then hunt for a couple of them preloved before investing in a specific system.

i've linked some articles in my siggy which will help you to get your head around the different options out there.

^ little stars articles are fab. I only bought by first nappy 2 weeks ago and now look at me :lol: xx

I really like my BUmGenius pockets - I stuff them with the inserts when I've taken them all off the washing line, so it's just like putting a disposable on. I'm not overly fussed about having pretty nappies so the BGs meet most of my needs, but I do have a few itti SIOs which are too adorable for words! I'll probably sell them when she outgrows the small size and put the money towards a couple of medium ones. The itti's are a lot more slim fitting too which is useful for some of M's clothes which are just starting to get tight around the bum area.

Also- there is a website you can go to to fill in a questionnaire to see which nappies will suit you best. I think it's the nappy lady website (just google it). HTH x

Thanks, I just found the questionnaire and filled it in - will see what they say!

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be many places that stock a range of different ones so you can see them side by side and compare them. It would make it sooo much easier!

the babyshow was useful for things like that but the next one isn't til oct i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->