Confused about appointments - UK NHS

Wtbam

Reaction score
Hi there,

I hope someone can clear this up for me.

First thing, during my booking appointment, I had to discuss my previous mental health history (lots of different problems, but all sorted 2 years ago). It was flagged up, and she said I would need to speak to a consultant psychiatrist.

So, next, I had my letter through for the 5th June for my 12 Week Screening scan, and on the letter it said it was with "Maternity Services". In the envelope it had some information about the screening etc.

Unfortunately, my partner couldn't make that appointment so I called them and changed it to the Tuesday 10th June at 3pm. She asked if I wanted another letter but I said not to worry.

Then this morning, I received a letter with an appointment for the Tuesday 17th June at 12pm with a specific consultant, and it was with "Obstetrics - Ante-Natal" Services and not "maternity" services. It didn't have any screening info in the envelope.

Is this my psychiatric consultant appointment or have I got my 12 week scan date wrong? I can't ring them until Monday and I'm worried about it.

If it is the psychiatric appointment, what will they ask me? Has anyone had one of these before?

Thanks in advance.

The obstetrics one will be your consultant appointment, at least it is for me, and by me it's usually closer to 16/17 weeks than 12, mine wasn't with a consultant psychiatrist, just a regular consultant, to be honest they didn't do much, they listened to baby's heartbeat, asked what previous medications I'd been on, and she looked them up and said she'd be happy for me to continue them in pregnancy and if I remember correctly that was it, she then discharged me back to midwife care.

Does everyone have an obstetrics appointment or is it just because I have a mental health history? x

The midwife told me it was my mental health issue, so I presume it's just if you've had previous health issues.

I have just been sent an obstetrics appointment, but that may be for my thyroid issues? it isn't clear on the appointment what its for x

obstetrics was for my consultant and anything hospital based

I too have a history of mental health issues and i have been told i will see a perinatal psychiatrist and have been told his name. I received a letter for my 12 week scan,then received a letter for a obstetrics app. I too was very confused. I asked my midwife (who luckily is a very good family friend) and she said everyone sees a obstetrician and that they know everything about pregnancy,more than midwives. I am still waiting for my appointment about mental health.
As to what they might ask you,i shouldn't worry,they will probably just to ask you about your mental health and check how you are feeling now,especially in pregnancy as if you have had previous problems then there is a higher chance of having mental health problems in pregnancy or after. Don't worry and good luck!
hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->