Confused about conflicting FRER and Wondfo results

ttcteacher

Reaction score
I'm currently 15DPO (confirmed by +opk). I got my BFP at 9dpo. The Wondfos pictured are FMU 9-15 DPO (except 14DPO). The FRER is 13DPO (PM), 14DPO-15DPO FMU.

My question is, why does the FRER appear to be getting lighter while the Wondfo is getting darker-ish? I'm worried because I've had cramps since Saturday and Saturday night started spotting light pink and then brown (less than 24 hours, only when I wiped).

I'm waiting for my 11DPO/13DPO beta results, but I'm worried that this may be an early loss given the FRERs (since I know that they typically show progression better).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20180409_071554.jpg
    20180409_071554.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180409_071512.jpg
    20180409_071512.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 81
FRER might be better for you on SMU. I’d say it’s all great progression but if you’re worried then maybe try a FRER SMU or evening urine and see what it’s like now.

Good luck!

I actually read somewhere recently that sometimes the HCG can get so high I’m the urine that it can actually counter act the test - if you diluted the wee with water, the tests got darker....

Sorry I can’t remember the site .. but not making it up, promise 🤣

I actually read somewhere recently that sometimes the HCG can get so high I’m the urine that it can actually counter act the test - if you diluted the wee with water, the tests got darker....

Sorry I can’t remember the site .. but not making it up, promise 🤣

Yes this is true. I had to start diluting my pee after a while, or drinking loads then using that instead, I even dunked a test in the toilet after I poured my already diluted pee in there an there was a clear line

Update: got my beta results back! 11dpo was 47, 13dpo was 133! Here's a photo of my tests at 13 and 15dpo (taken at 5 minutes, sorry for the potato quality). I'm feeling much more optimistic! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 20180409_182834.jpg
    20180409_182834.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 17
If you look through my threads, you'll find an old one about the hook effect, with examples, and the frer is the first test to do it with it's design. The longer you test, the lighter they'll get to where they look almost negative.

If you look through my threads, you'll find an old one about the hook effect, with examples, and the frer is the first test to do it with it's design. The longer you test, the lighter they'll get to where they look almost negative.

I know hormone levels can vary hugely, but doesn't the hook effect only usually start to happen a lot later than 15dpo? I thought it was more like 5/6/7 weeks pregnant it happens?

I know hormone levels can vary hugely, but doesn't the hook effect only usually start to happen a lot later than 15dpo? I thought it was more like 5/6/7 weeks pregnant it happens?

I agree, I've tested positive on FRER into 6 1/2 weeks. (Then stopped due to puking). I think hook effect is later

That’s what I would think, too, cupcake. Fortunately, OP (who is DD to me), continued to get great progression until she stopped testing Thursday. Hopefully she doesn’t mind me sharing this!

Attachments

• DD1703FB-E431-4748-9266-6A18FD1B7E78.jpg
    DD1703FB-E431-4748-9266-6A18FD1B7E78.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 14
That's good :) the tests are fine I think!
The hook effect for me didn't take effect until about six weeks I think. I would have to look at my photos to make sure on weeks or my journal, but they gradually became fainter so I started diluting samples then using another test to compare which proved to me it was that ... I wanted to make sure it was too much hormone causing that after so many early losses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->