Confused about fundal height and centile chart

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I've only had my fundal height measured twice so far and at 28 weeks, I was measuring 28cm and at 32 weeks, I'm measuring 32cm so I thought this was normal and what it should be. I've looked at my notes today and my fundal height has been plotted both times as being the 90th centile. How? I thought if I was measuring ahead, it would make me at the top of the centile range.

I would ignore that. My midwife plotted me at 50th percentile at 24+4 weeks when I measured just under 25 cm and she rounded it up. You are supposed to measure 1cm for every week of pregnancy +/- 2cm. It's only once you get to +/- 4cm or more they worry. I don't know why suddenly when you get further along the charts put measuring bang on as 90th. Mine shows measuring 28 cm at 28 weeks as 90th but surely that should be 50th since that is the average and what is expected.

This confuses me too. I'm measuring right on track but from my chart I'm carrying a small elephant. Thank goodness I have a growth scan at 36 weeks

i'm measuring on track too but it plots me above the 95th centile, but both my last two babies I had a smaller bump. it all goes on average for you

I was curious and looked up the chart -- now I'm confused, too! :lol: I measured at 32cm at 32 weeks and my midwife said that was right on track, but the chart seems to think it's freakish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->